George targeting

Dannyvandelft

I think there is a lot of "George Actions" missing completely from the dials and results:

- "Search".  If, for example, on Hellfires, you "Georuge-up", it will search where you put your LOS crosshair and present you with a list of found targets.  This "George UP" is not documented in the dial, so it took me quite a while to actually attempt to do this.

- After you are presented with the list of results, it is in no way evident that you need to "George Right" to confirm the target

- The "permission to fire" is also an "obscure" concept that could be more evident

As a final note, I understand that limited Missiles would require a new acquiring process, but something like the Gun should just move to next target in the region instead of you having to re-instruct George on a new target.

So, to the OP, you don't want to "slave" unless you have your acquisition source, you want George to slew the aiming point, and that is done with "George UP" and then selecting the desired target from the list that appears ON THE COMPLETE OPOSITE SIDE of the screen.  Which is easy to miss.

I also wrote on this "eye parkour" issue on Wags video about George, he said it becomes a muscle memory soon enough. That may be right, still, not necessarily the best solution here.

The module is great though, I'm having a lot of fun.

Rafa.

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

I'm having this same experience, except on my side he keeps locking targets way off to the left or right even when I keep pressing and looking forward.  Sometimes he'll lock a target way off to the side while I'm looking at a hostile right in front of me.

One thing I'm really missing is the ability to disable air target locking like we got with Petrovich in the Mi-24.  Playing in MP is chaos because George and Petrovich like to lock up buddies hovering over the area anywhere in your forward 180 field of view instead of IFF and ignoring them for the delicious enemy target about 7k off your nose that you keep telling him to lock up.

Overall, having the AI is nice, but please give us that wonderful checkbox to disable air target locking if we prefer to concentrate on the ground in MP. 🙂  Eventually, it would be nice to have the AI disregard friendly targets entirely.

Great Module, great work ED.

My George improvement requests would be:

- if a target is destroyed, scan again and present the list around that target again.

-THIS IS a BIG BUG:

If a list exists and it is f.e. the friendly Helicopters, another "George up" should initiate another scan. instead i have to select the Helicopter, unslave and search again...

Edited by comcat