Different version of engine exhaust IR deflector

Wizard_03

On 10/9/2021 at 12:49 AM, Raptor9 said:

They require quite a lot of doing to install them.  It's not an add-on like the up-turned exhaust on the Huey, or the suppressors on the Mi-24/Mi-8.  It's an entirely different engine cowling assembly.  Having said that, I'm hoping the option will be available at some point as well, that way the other country liveries are more realistic.

Is this statement still valid so we can see it as an option at some point?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

On 1/19/2023 at 3:18 PM, Stratos said:

Is this statement still valid so we can see it as an option at some point?

It wasn't a statement that it was coming, it was a Hope that at some point it would.

I Imagine completing the current systems and module, is more important than addon items at the moment.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

12 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

It wasn't a statement that it was coming, it was a Hope that at some point it would.

I Imagine completing the current systems and module, is more important than addon items at the moment.

I understand, simply wanted to know, as it will give us a wider operators range and we will not be limited to US only.

• Raptor9 changed the title to Different version of engine exhaust IR deflector
  • 6 months later...

With the FCR update in December 2023 and their upcoming option to request the installment of the FCR via the ground crew menu, it could be nice if you could remove the ir deflector too!
at least it would look realistic on other nations that also have the apache but don't have the ir deflector.
The Japanese paint needs to be weathered down a bit, in real life it is bright but in dcs is more brighter.
Maybe a more washed out version?

• 3 months later...

Not sure why its such a big deal with regards to the exhaust modeling considering its just not much more than the exhaust tips on the nozzles. I know its not planned, but honestly its a bit unreasonable all things considered.

20240413_200152.jpg

20240413_200555.jpg

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 3:13 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

Not sure why its such a big deal with regards to the exhaust modeling considering its just not much more than the exhaust tips on the nozzles. I know its not planned, but honestly its a bit unreasonable all things considered.

20240413_200152.jpg

20240413_200555.jpg

The hability to represent Apaches from other countries and years.