Instant blackout with very small negative G at high speed

Rhyn0

I have just gotten the Sabre yesterday and flew it for about 5 hours in PVP multiplayer, absolutely love it. First module that has the positive G grayout/blackout modeled nicely.

BUT.. there is something weird with the negative G's. Several times I just pushed the stick slightly forward to correct a few degrees, and pilot INSTANTLY blacked out and stayed blacked out for 15+ seconds until I crashed. 

Is this a known issue? 

2 clips here. minimal forward stick and roll both times.. insta blackout and bye bye.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticBlightedWoodcockPJSugar--ICyteDVjRxypNyu

https://clips.twitch.tv/WittyDaintyMangoFunRun-ebQ6JiD_3htcilEp

Edited by Rhyn0
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NineLine said:

Do you have any curves on your pitch axis? I did try replicating what you saw, and I have to make a very abrupt push forward on the stick to come anywhere near that. If you have a track of the issue that would be even better.

No curves as such but both pitch  and roll limited to 90% because I'm using a VIRPIL warbrd with an extension.

I can easily replicate the issue, try to roll quickly to either side with a small amount of forward stick at high speeds, In the second clip I wasn't trying to nose down I was trying to roll.

the G meter instantly pushes -3 with the smallest amount of sudden forward movement.

I am happy to send you screenshots of my controls, or hop on discord and show you.

Cheers,

Rhyn0

In my offline testing in default Caucasus free flight mission a couple of first hard pushovers with roll caused blackout but only with a certain delay after going through -2G and each of them could be recovered by immediate positive G maneuver.

That being said, eventually one of the next pushovers in a row did cause a non-recoverable blackout. @NineLine - is the cumulative "pilot strain" modelled in DCS, smilar to structural, airframe one? I don't remember, because I rarely perform high-G maneuvers in the first place.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:32 PM, Rhyn0 said:

2 clips here. minimal forward stick and roll both times.. insta blackout and bye bye.

I can easily see just before the black out your G meter is showing -2 check the first clip. f-86 has a tendency to go sudden nose down after a certain negative AOA due to the tail stabilizer being off plane with the wings. I think your stick is too sensitive you would like to put some heavy curves on it. ED probably modeled the real thing which was a heavy stick not easy to move. Just look at cockpit stick how less it moves for drastic maneuvers. 

Also operating parameters max negative g in roll is only -1 if this is something may be modeled wrong. I was not able to damage the plane in negative -2 G rolls.