POLL - So, how is the new integrated voice chat coming along?

Rhinozherous

Do you fly on servers using DCS Voice chat?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using DCS Voice chat?

• Yes, I found servers with DCS Voice chat active and I used it.
    • No, did not found a server with DCS Voice chat active.
    • What is DCS Voice chat?

Hello!

Is the new DCS Voice chat used by any servers? I found that they still use SRS.

Please take part in the poll, I am curious to see how it comes along in the community.

If you used it, do you like it?

Thank you! 

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• Rhinozherous changed the title to POLL - So, how is the new integrated voice chat coming along?

I know servers that are using it, although most also offer other means alongside it. It works alright, pretty much.

One major issue I have is that upon connecting (or someone else connecting) it loves to mess with all of the audio volumes and there seems to be no way of turning that off, so all of a sudden the game itself becomes super quiet for the tradeoff of hearing somebody breath.

Other than that technical bug it's okay. Perhaps it is a case of 'too little, too late', though. Most online communities have set up their SRS servers or their teamspeaks or their discords or whatnot and while it works okay it just doesn't offer anything 'better' for people to make the switch in significant numbers.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thought it was a push to talk (PTT) system, why are you hearing people breathe? Mic should be closed until PTT is activated. Also, di you go into your Windows/open sound settings/sound control panel/communications tab and click 'do nothing' this should resolve those sound issues your having.

The ducking issue was fixed last patch as I recall.  

It's a WIP as well...  nowhere near fully implemented.  It should replace SRS eventually but with a few better features.  primarily distance and terrain based attenuation etc...  The radio's will work just like they do IRL.

It will likely be somewhat better than SRS but it has a ways to go.  Honestly I've NO idea why they don't just dedicate the time to finishing it ASAP.  As it is they're really just making it seem like it's a bad solution and people will maybe not take a second look once it's complete.  Kinda shot themselves in the foot if you will IMO.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 6/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, Locutos said:

Thought it was a push to talk (PTT) system, why are you hearing people breathe? Mic should be closed until PTT is activated.

Yes... yes, it should be, but that is only the case when people set it to be PTT. A lot of people prefer 'Open Mic' all the way, it seems.

In related news, yes the ducking is said to have been fixed, but I couldn't quite verify that yet, as since then I can't bring up the voice window anymore, and yes, I have made sure it is activated in the options. Anybody having the same problem?