Apache Display Export Guide

Bunny Clark

As far as you use LEFT_MFCD, it will switch between PLT and CPG. For the TEDAC, Since a few time, i don't remember which update, when you appear on the PLT seat it's not displayed, but when you switch to CPG, it appears, but will stay on the monitor even if you switch back to the PLT seat. Before those update, it was only visible on the CPG seat.

Hey there !
Has anyone figured out how to export the KU and have it hotswap like the MFDs when changing seats ?

The MFDs are working like a charm in that matter but the KU is still showing both PLT and CPG seats at the same time ...

Thank you guys !

On 4/7/2022 at 10:13 AM, osram said:

WD on the write-up. @Bunny Clark😉 Couldn't bother anymore tbh after all the variations/guides we both attempted to try and explain. Hopefully with this it becomes more concise and clear. Just adding my own monitor-setup (with different names and setup to Bunny's - do not "combine" or "mix"), as a practical/visual example.
This below is the only way you can have the PLT MFD's ACTIVE/Displayed - When you want both PLT and CPG MFD's located/defined at the same X and Y position of your screen, GUISE. 🙂

By commenting out your
CPG MFD-names and restarting DCS. (After following Bunny's exaplanations file/viewport modifications, obviously)

As indicated by Bunny - Currently DCS multiseat issue. This will not enable you to hot-switch MFD's while changing seats or anything. Just to get the selection of PLT vs. CPG under your control.

Rather surprised it's not acknowledged by ED. No feature planned etc.? Thought heard something bout F14 hot-switching planned? No? -.-

image.png

Hi !

How did you separate your KU between PLT and CPG ?

• 6 months later...

Has anyone here seen and/or used this profile? It was just recently uploaded in the User Files section.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335588/

If you have, please let me know your thoughts and whether it was difficult to employ in Helios.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 1:42 PM, Derbroomaster said:

Has anyone here seen and/or used this profile? It was just recently uploaded in the User Files section.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335588/

If you have, please let me know your thoughts and whether it was difficult to employ in Helios.

Hi, have you tried profile ? I just stumbled upon this thanks to you.. I would like to use it on my 3 screen setup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I've been using it since I posted about it. Works great.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

Hello, wondering if you guys could help me. I have downloaded the display export files and programed my lua file as instructed.

I cannot get an image to display in my screens.

I'm running a 3440x1440 monitor with two 800x600 screens below my main monitor I think my lua file is correct.  AH-64D.lua

I looked into \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator\MFD_plt_right_init.lua

I do not see the line "try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")"

Looking at the zip file containing the display export files there us no folder with MFD files. I suspect that may be the problem. I tied adding the lines

--ViewportHandling
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

To my MFD_plt_right_init.lua file manually but no success.

Any pointers you guys can give me will be much appreciated.

Kind regards, 

You'll have to get done the monitor-setup in Windows first!
Try to put them beside of your main monitor ("center viewport"), because you will have less unused space to render (6.681.600 pixel vs. 7.705.600 pixel   <  horizontal vs. vertical alignment). Put both MFD in Windows in portrait (vertical) mode and SAVE your selection! Windows does not know, where your hardware monitors are placed in reality, so it doesn't matter, where you're aligning them in windows, for the following example-code put them side-by-side as shown below:

image.png

Enter this under "Resolution" in DCS: 4.640*1440    (All monitors in portrait-mode and side-by-side!)
Depending of the positions of your monitors displayed cont you may have to correct the values of the MFCDs...
(Just guess and change the pixel-values in counts of 10 and see, if you're getting them to the right place, only if neccessary)

Your monitorsetup.lua code then should look like this:
(Hint:   "Description = 'Center+LMFD+RMFD 4.640*1440' "     write your resolution for this aircraft into the description-codeline, so you can change the DCS-resolution-values ingame without calculator)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('AH-64D');
Description = 'Center+LMFD+RMFD 4.640*1440'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 3440;
          height = 1440;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 43/18;
     }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 0;
     y = 640;
     width = 600;
     height = 600;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 600;
     y = 640;
     width = 600;
     height = 600;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the above should work without the ViewportHandling-stuff.
dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

Edited by Purzel

Hi

With Purzel monitor configuration, both screens set on the right (if you have this configuration), try the attached lua. If your left MFCD is correct, you only need to shift 800 pixel more to be on the screen.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('AH-64D');
Description = 'Left MFCD on the bottom left monitor,Right MFCD on the bottom right and camera on the center Montor Resolution 3440*2040'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 3440;
          height = 1440;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 43/18;
     }