VR: HIADSS Symbology too high

Bracketman

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RuskyV:

Are you holding or tapping the buttons? I use an encoder so it send a press command every click. Make sure you are simply not holding the button down, instead click multiple times.

@RuskyV

ok, tried it a second time……and yes it works!!! Great, so always give things a second chance is the lesson I learned. It‘s a bit fiddling as you really need to press the buttons a lot but it works!

I always had too big symbols shown overlapping the monocles frame with my vive pro 2. Now I can adjust it to fit.

really interesting I never noticed when these key bindings were introduced in the control settings….wonder who else di not know or were I‘m the only one.

Thanks again for pointing on these….really helped me a lot!🍻

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

I tried seating the Reverb G2 differently on my face and it is actually way better now.

The Display Adjust Panel option did not work well for me as not all symbology is moved and it messed with the FLIR alignment. Not using the Display Adjust Panel now as the view is much better with differently seated Reverb G2.

...that a lot of the issues in VR (related to people having issues with HIADSS symbology positioning, vision-obscuring monocle, etc) seems to be related to where the player's "virtual" head is placed in relation with the monocle, HIADSS symbology and pilot helmet. And that position depends on the VR headset.

I have acquired a new VR headset recently (Pico Neo 3) that will replace my old Lenovo Explorer, and I have found that what I see is completely different from one to the other.

Using the LE I had problems with HIADSS symbology (it's too high, so the upper part is blurry and I have to tilt my head to center it on the targets, as you can see in the thread below), but the pilot helmet and balaclava do not impede my vision.

Using the PN3 the HIADSS symbology HIADSS symbology is vertical centered (not blurry and I don't have to tilt my head to center it on the targets), but I can see a centimeter of the borders of the helmet (loosing peripheral vision), the monocle is away from my "virtual face" and the HIADSS symbology seems bigger than the monocle itself.

What is more anoying, when I activate the balaclava in Apache's options, I can see the balaclava a couple of centimeters away from my "virtual face" reducing drastically my field of view.

As screenshots in VR are useless, below you have a simple diagram of what I see with both VR headsets (with and without balaclava)

My "analisys" of the problem is that using the LE my "virtual head" is placed nearer to the monocle and a bit low. And in the PN3 my "virtual head" is farther from the monocle and centered in the vertical axis.

So, in the LE, the helmed does not impede my vision, the monocle seems "bigger" and the HIADSS symbology is above my eyes. And in the NP3 the helmed impede my vision, the monocle seems "smaller" and the HIADSS symbology is centered.

I understand that developing an option in the menu to change the position of the "virtual head" of the player could be tricky but, should it be possible to have a lua file to offset this possition? This way players can tweak the offset x, y and z (in relation with the helmet/HIADDS) by themselves depending on the VR headset.

I have tried to change values in the apache's views.lua but, although the virtual head position is change, the helmet/monocle position moves with the head. Same happens with the keybindings that allows the player to reposition himself in the cokpit (the helmet/monocle moves too)

@BIGNEWYfinally it is not a problem of some of us placing the VR headset wrong. Could you tell this to the development team please?

At last I understand those people that complained about the monocle impeding the vision. Now, I have to remove the HIADSS (and the rest of the helmet) in the apache's options because is "so small" that the borders are placed just where I need a clear line of sight, plus the helmet killing my peripheral vision (where with the Lenovo explorer the monocle is big enough to do not impede my vision with its borders, and the helmet is not seen)

nullnull

image.png

image.png

Edited by daemon1808
  • Like 2