Orion 2 waiting room...anybody got one yet?

Brother_Leb

14 hours ago, Poncho_Longshanks said:

First two packages received Monday and Tuesday,  second two arrived today, but I didn't wake up (night shift guy) when the FedEx guy showed up to deliver them.

Nooo! Bummer dude. I hope they attempt redelivery tomorrow.

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
Hornet driver, Blue Angel enthusiast, Tomcat stan

5 hours ago, Brother_Leb said:

Nooo! Bummer dude. I hope they attempt redelivery tomorrow.

Yes, They did, and I woke up! lol. However, I lost one nut for the detent system that I will have to replace to fully assemble the throttle. also, simapppro was identified by Bitdefender as malicious, and it deleted everything on first launch, and now simapppro will not recognize the throttle nor log into my account for some reason. Thanks for asking first Bitdefender 😕

If it's just one nut, you can take one from the space sim detent. You don't need that one for normal flying, and if you've got that one on, you usually don't need AB. Unless you're talking about one of the ones that go on the bottom, but these are just regular nylocs.

Pre-ordered at 21 april. Got payment request at 18 may, and received package today (27.05)

So, little-bit more than a month.

• Thanks 1

"To dream of flying is to awaken the soul's desire to break free from gravity's hold."

13900K, ROG Z790-E GAMING WiFi, 64GB 6000MHz Dominator, TUF RTX 4090 OC, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS MAX, TPR, NLR Boeing FS Cockpit. 

VMFA-212, CJTF-13, TAW

On 5/27/2022 at 4:55 AM, HILOK said:

quick question to those who got their unit already: are the new "panels" on the base removable? thanks 😊 

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I assume you are referring to how all the switch labels and backing appear modular. I haven't personally tried removing them or changing their arrangement, but the hex screws are visible and accessible from the top of the throttle base so conceivably you could remove them (you'd need the right hex key, I'd guess it's metric and most of them look pretty small, 1-3mm I'd guess). I would guess it has more to do with streamlining manufacturing and construction QA and for easier repair and access for the user rather than for swapping out panels, but maybe they intend them to be modular or have that option down the road?

So, shorter answer: Yes, I think so, but I haven't tried or seen a reason why you'd want to beyond repair wiring or something (which is beyond my competencies).

EDIT: Looked a little more closely and there are 2 different sizes of hex screw. Some look to be the same size as the hex screws on the new removeable AB detent fitting. The others are smaller but the smallest hex key provided with the unit fits them. So you could certainly remove them if you wanted to. Still not sure why you would, but you could.

Edited by Brother_Leb

32GB (4x8) DDR4 2400 | Intel Core i-7 8700 4.6 GHz | MSI ATX Pro Z-370-A | GeForce 2070RTX Super Founder's Edition
WinWing Orion 2 Hotas w/ Hornet Throttle and Stick grips | HP Reverb G2 | BenQ 21" 60Hz | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro

40 minutes ago, Brother_Leb said:

Still not sure why you would, but you could.

thanks for your reply @Brother_Leb ! to answer your question, the preset labels bother me on my V1 base. so being able to replace them on V2 is actually an added value to me, when considering an upgrade. whish they had considered adjusting the position of the hornet throttle grips, though (should be tilted a bit CCW for ergonomics). anyway thanks

• Like 1

@HILOK Thanks for the explanation. Yes, you should be able to change the labeling if you wanted, though you'd probably have to custom fab the pieces (if you have access to a 3D printer, it would probably be easy).

As for the throttle postioning, it won't help you with the Orion 2 ergonomics, but if you have an Orion 1, I assume you know about or perhaps even own these custom, aftermarket throttle arms? https://simstix.com/products/winwing-orion-angled-throttle-plates

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, Xup said:

Orion2 only order....Pre-ordered at 31 May,  payment request at 5th May, Shipped out on the 6th May.

Very quick pre-order now with it under a week to it being shipped.

Just to clarify, I assume you mean you pre-ordered May 31 and got payment request June 5 and shipping notice June 6?

Great to hear it's so quick now!

1 hour ago, Brother_Leb said:

Just to clarify, I assume you mean you pre-ordered May 31 and got payment request June 5 and shipping notice June 6?

Great to hear it's so quick now!

Doh! yes ...old age catching up!. Pre-order31st May, Payment request 5th June, Shipping notice 6th June with FedX tracking No.

Now watching it wing its way to the UK 🙂

Maybe I need to cancel my pre-order. After missing my initial order by one day, I re-pre-ordered on 23 May, but have heard nothing since. Now folks that ordered after me are receiving theirs. Going to re-order, see if that helps somehow.  Bummer!  Have been looking forward to it shipping and arriving.

Edited by Immune

3 hours ago, Immune said:

Maybe I need to cancel my pre-order. After missing my initial order by one day, I re-pre-ordered on 23 May, but have heard nothing since. Now folks that ordered after me are receiving theirs. Going to re-order, see if that helps somehow.  Bummer!  Have been looking forward to it shipping and arriving.

Contact them via the chat option on their store page. I’ve found their customer service to be very prompt and friendly.  I’m sure they’ll be able to help. 

• Thanks 1

@Sedlo You know, I didn't realize they even had a chat, I have probably stared at it many times but never noticed it #fail. I used the chat and am standing by for their response (it is outside their working hours).

Update: Communicated with their chat service, my order should be executed this week. Thank you again for bringing my attention to what should have been bleedingly obvious, Sedlo!

Edited by Immune
  • Like 2

Just to update this, my Orion 2 arrived this morning, so only 10 days from Pre-order (31st May) to delivery, very happy with this.

Another plus my orion2 only order.... came with a free finger lift kit.

Amazing deal really for just 235$ + delivery.

Edited by Xup
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, Immune said:

@Sedlo You know, I didn't realize they even had a chat, I have probably stared at it many times but never noticed it #fail. I used the chat and am standing by for their response (it is outside their working hours).

Update: Communicated with their chat service, my order should be executed this week. Thank you again for bringing my attention to what should have been bleedingly obvious, Sedlo!

Awesome, glad it’s sorted. I’m loving the throttle, quite impressed. 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to no longer needing to be jealous! 

Edit (6/12): Just heard back from WinWing chat. They held my F-16 Orion 2 order over, but it was because they had an upgrade to the Orion 2. I am trying to get word on what the changes were and will update this post with any information I receive so others are aware.

Edit (6/14): The WinWing team does not speak any English. Which is saying something considering they have created a large portion of the high-end sim market. They may rely on Google translate or phone-a-friend type deal. Anyhow, they do not push out changelogs for their products, which is a bummer. The only insight I received is there have been many improvements in this next iteration of the Orion. Not sure if this is a v2.5 or a new v3, but should know soon when I receive it.

Edited by Immune
  • Like 1