Orion 2 waiting room...anybody got one yet?

Brother_Leb

Ordered an Orion2 F-16EX Viper Joystick Combo yesterday and it was shipped today. It'll be interesting to see how it fairs against my well used libra

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

15 hours ago, Sedlo said:

Just my experience.  Last Friday night I ordered the F-16EX / Shake Kit.  Today it arrived.  So 7 days from order to receipt here in Canada.  

Dang! That's awesome bud! Glad to hear it was so freakin quick mate!

• Thanks 1

Ordered, the Orion2 F-16  late on Tue, would have been early Wednesday morning in China, shipped the same day.

Being delivered today, so under a week for an in stock item to the UK, they are very quick now.

Edited by Xup
to add location.

42 minutes ago, raven06a said:

Mine got here yesterday. Took a bit of time setting up but it's now working just fine. I need to adjust the idle stop though cause it doesn't align for some reason. 

Did you calibrate the throttle? Is it the orion2 with F16 throttle handle?

THROTTLE HANDLE OF F-16 H.O.T.A.S-User MANUAL EN V 2.0.pdf (wwsimstore.com)

If I remember right I first had to calibrate the full axis from idle to full afterburner and in the next step from idle to the afterburner detent.

The winwing manual is a little bit misleading.

Also I had to do minimal finetuning in DCS Axis setup until it was perfectly aligned. After that the afterburner kicked in where it should.

See the picture of my curve:

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, raven06a said:

Mine got here yesterday. Took a bit of time setting up but it's now working just fine. I need to adjust the idle stop though cause it doesn't align for some reason. 

See my pinned thread regarding calibration

• Like 1

My F16EX with Orion2 base arrived today. Very impressed and quite an improvement on my 2+ yr old Libra. I did replace the Orion's springs with the ones from my Libra to provide a bit more force. All in all an excellent piece of kit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2