Grouping Static objects

Raviar

+99999999

Even better if we could group and ungroup, with a box-selection tool. Which for static structures and ground objects, it should be possible to group them with ground units (for instance, so I could make say, an SA-2 site, having the ground units and static objects part of the same group).

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1. I would really like to see a box-select tool added to Combined Arms. At the moment, it's a little cumbersome to manage large numbers of units not to mention limiting in terms of ordering groups around the battlefield. Using groups/templates in the ME is really great. But being able to group/ungroup in Combined Arms would be a real plus+.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Callsign112 said:

+1. I would really like to see a box-select tool added to Combined Arms. At the moment, it's a little cumbersome to manage large numbers of units not to mention limiting in terms of ordering groups around the battlefield. Using groups/templates in the ME is really great. But being able to group/ungroup in Combined Arms would be a real plus+.

Agree! This one of the missing features that really prevents me from enjoying (and learning) CA! 

Hopefully it will eventually come to both, as it seems that the ME and CA interface are closely related. 

Cheers! 

• Like 3

You are right!

Being able to drag-select objects (units with static objects) in the ME to move them around as a group would be a very useful.

Currently making more large scale scenarios, I guess I was so focused on the issues I see while controlling units in CA that the OP's use of "STATIC OBJECTS" went right over my head.

+1 for the OP's request.

• Like 2