Night Target Acquisition

theox

Anyone got any hints or tricks for this? I know Shkval doesnt work at night, so all acquisition has to be done by eyesight alone. So this:

Negates Vikhr employment (correct?)

Mandates use of rockets, bombs and guns in manual mode

So you must overfly and attack visually with perhaps 1-2 km sight range.

Suggestions?

U can fight at night. Vikhrs can be also "employed". Simple lock target on TV (u won't get AT anyway so can't attack moving targets, except if you move aiming cursor yourself) and fire. Use NVG to find targets futher range, it is not well device but even nice. Be careful :) night is much more dangerous for Ka-50 than day ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

NVG are okay for flying in the dark but targeting stuff smaller than a house seems very hard - I can hardly see anything when looking through the hud (I end up flying 20-30 degrees off axis to spot things!) Not recommended - go back to your tent and wait for day break!

I dare say the NVGs in the game are far more real than the usual same-as-day-but-green googles of other sims.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

same-as-day-but-green googles of other sims.

loool

I agree. But I also do in the fact that its much harder to see anything THROUGH the HUD, than just out of the cockpit window.

It also looks like there is a spotlight activated to the front, if you turn on the NVG. Irritades me a little. Its so hard to fight an even fly at night! Or that you cant see anything on your cockpit instruments through the NVG. Perfect. I LOVE IT!

But is it really so damn hard to see the ground or objects through the hud at night???

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Lower brightness on ABRIS, HUD and Shkval, turn off cockpit lights and adjust the Shkval contrast and you can get a view good enough to lock onto targets at night. Altho searching for targets and long-range targeting will be seriously difficult.

Had my first night flight yesterday and I have to admit this was a stressful experience. But I guess that's what it is in real life for military pilots.

Yes, brightness for cockpit lights and night mode for HUD is the secret. The only thing that I couldn't use throught the NVG is the ABRIS. No matter the brightness level, it shows just a white square through the NVG.

+1 for NVG effects. Absolutely gorgeous.

Note that in the mission editor you can setup a Su-25T for example as an AFAC mission, load it with SAB-100 and let it deploy them over your target area (simply set target type to "point"). SAB-100 are containers with battlefield illumination flares, so the AFAC will light up the target area for you and you can use the Shkval just like in daylight conditions. It's a very cool feature.

Note that in the mission editor you can setup a Su-25T for example as an AFAC mission, load it with SAB-100 and let it deploy them over your target area (simply set target type to "point"). SAB-100 are containers with battlefield illumination flares, so the AFAC will light up the target area for you and you can use the Shkval just like in daylight conditions. It's a very cool feature.

I played one of the campaign missions where one does this - absolutely awesome! (I'll say no more about it incase some of you haven't played it yet). :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I don't know for what are this googles oO. Device is really weak in Kamov, it helps very little (it gives nice emotions but low effectivity :().

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Turn the HUD to Night Mode doesnt help a lot, I think....

Cant see any change. That just turns the Hud Symbols darker, doesnt it?

Why you cant use the ABRIS? Just watch down under your NVG. Quiet realistic I guess. A rest light emplifying device let illuminated instruments and screens "glow". Very Very cool!!!

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

That is great. :) I thaught it wasnt posible in BS. Great news to me (even if that was old to everyone else.) ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

I don't know for what are this googles oO. Device is really weak in Kamov, it helps very little (it gives nice emotions but low effectivity :().

While not being the night vision we'd like, you must admit, you'd get nowhere flying without them at night anywhere other than a totally flat area. Thanks to BS's 'True Darkness' flying near hills or mountains at night equals flaming pancake in no time! :prop:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or you can fly above MSL :)

In any case, the Ka-50 is not intended to be fought at night. Only do so if you are desperate or if you have candle-flare type support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda