Key Bind for Chaff and Flares separate .

KoN

Want to assign flares and chaff to HOTAS . i can only fire Flares at the moment . is this Correct . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

5 минут назад, KoN сказал:

Want to assign flares and chaff to HOTAS . i can only fire Flares at the moment . is this Correct . 

I guess so. There are three dispenser cartridges that you can load up with either chaff or flares. Each cartridge may contain only chaff or only flares. There's only one release button, but you can select which cartridge to use from Petrovich menu left or the similar looking panel at the gunner seat.

I beleive that it is. One of the Petro GUI functions is the replication/simplification of the switches he is in charge of in RL. On that (from memory) is an option to select one of 3 groups of countermeasures at any one time. Each of those can only have either chaff or flares. The button you have is the launch buttom only and will fire whatever group is slected and whatever is currently loaded in that group.  As ever - Red kites tutorial explains alll .

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

31 minutes ago, KoN said:

No, it is not correct. You need to open Petrovich menu, left short to get into CM sub menu and then it down long to change type of CM.

You need to have them loaded though and it is 3 cartridges of 64 each. Total is 192, so you can select how many cartridges of flares and chaff you want

When you get used to it, AI menu up, left short, down long, it becomes very quick to change. And when you change type and press release Petro instantly cancels current release and starts new one. So you can actually even intersperse flares and chaff to a degree. 

The current system of countermeasure managing through Petro I find to be quite perfect. ED did a good job, deciding to make it look like the actual panel. 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

left short , down long . Ill get this into muscle memory if I can . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

1 hour ago, KoN said:

left short , down long . Ill get this into muscle memory if I can . 

Pretty sure pressing left short, then down short changes side CM is dispensed. I made this mistake thinking I was out of flares, when I was changing between chaff and flare I accidentally only picked firing from one side 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg