[Feature Request] Ability to disable JHMCS in editor

Aigle2

This is "sort-of" already a thing. On the 'Additional properties' tab for client/player aircraft in the editor, you can select if the aircraft is initially equipped with JHMCS, NVGs, or None.

What we also need, is the ability to disable the 'Change helmet-mounted device' command from the Ground Crew menu.

• Like 3

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2024 at 5:25 PM, TheGhostOfDefi said:

Could this become a thing pls? 

You can change your HMCS, NVG, or no device in ME (additional properties tab) and by ground crew radio comms.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

4 minutes ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

The Point is forcing it off by mission! Otherwise I could just turn down Brightness till it’s off…

I see.. fair enough.

Could be implemented in the warehouse system and then we could set the value to 0. In the warehouse system of the airbases we can set weapons/equipment stock to 0 or 100, as example.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

2 hours ago, fagulha said:

I see.. fair enough.

Could be implemented in the warehouse system and then we could set the value to 0. In the warehouse system of the airbases we can set weapons/equipment stock to 0 or 100, as example.

Would be fine with me.. Together with a INS system implemented like for the 16 now you could use the F-18 for older szenarios pretty well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

Would be fine with me.. Together with a INS system implemented like for the 16 now you could use the F-18 for older szenarios pretty well.

I'm a bit confused. In the ME, as @fagulhasaid, you can change the entire helmet, cosmetically! That squares it up to 2 different ways to have it off, the switch and not mounted at all. 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!