Su-33 and other FC3 planes - HDD sun reflection can not be hidden by body

What is happening: In Su-33 and some other FC3 planes, there is a too strong sun reflection from lower display (HDD). Is it realistic or not, that is not my concern.

I worry about something else: as a VR player, first time when I saw that high reflection, I tried to cover sun with my body (head), but there are no real shadows in those planes. If they were, I would be able to bend my body to the right, put my head in front of HDD, or simply stretch my hand and I would be able to see all what HDD shows, regardless of HDD "anty-glare" quality.

My proposal:

a) please add real shadows to FC3 planes, or

b) reduce excessive sun reflection from HDD screens, or maybe put reflection as is, and after 2-3 second to be reduced (that can emulate putting hand over display to see it better)

Edited by Brzi_Joe
a) b)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 5/11/2022 at 8:07 PM, Brzi_Joe said:

My proposal:

a) please add real shadows to FC3 planes, or

Sorry, but real shadows being for all DCS aircrafts already.

Screen_220610_125024.jpg

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

11 hours ago, Chizh said:

Yes. The hope was for the addition of a hand’s shadow or something similar by key command for when the naturally occurring shadow doesn’t exist.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:54 AM, Chizh said:

Yes there are shadows, however the body of the pilot when moved (by means of holy TrackIR or VR), does not affect the shadows. At least head and shoulders should be able to partially cover the areas sometimes.

Believe it or not every time I fly one of these I unconscionably move my own body. 🙂

On 6/10/2022 at 10:37 PM, Ironhand said:

Yes. The hope was for the addition of a hand’s shadow or something similar by key command for when the naturally occurring shadow doesn’t exist.

For me it would be sufficient if the body itself could create shadow. For what you are proposing, one of the hands, would likely have to be "moved" away from controller (throttle or stick), and during that time you should not be able to use any of the bindings associated with the hand.

• Like 1

Am 10.6.2022 um 10:54 schrieb Chizh:

Ok, I didn't know that, some shaddows exist. But  main problem is when sun is between 4 and 8 o'clock, in that area none of existing shadows help. Flying flanker on such situations make me really mad, and I do blame developer for ignoring such obvious problem.

PS: I already opened a helpdesk ticket about it, but answer was that they will not change anything, and that I can write about that issue here... Not nice..

11 minutes ago, Brzi_Joe said:

I already opened a helpdesk ticket about it, but answer was that they will not change anything, and that I can write about that issue here... Not nice..

Obviously you have mistaken a missing feature for an error.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 6/12/2022 at 4:08 AM, okopanja said:

For me it would be sufficient if the body itself could create shadow. For what you are proposing, one of the hands, would likely have to be "moved" away from controller (throttle or stick), and during that time you should not be able to use any of the bindings associated with the hand.

For the body, your viewpoint would have to shift. For my hand, I would lose control of the stick for as long as the shadow key press lasted. I couldn't care less whether or not a hand appeared. But we're not likely to get either since it would require adding a feature to a dead path.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb draconus:

Obviously you have mistaken a missing feature for an error.

It is not obvious. Something make us not see link (HDD) on flanker if sun is aproximately from back side. That is wrong, and makes flying flanker disadvantage. It is too important to just let it be.

Ps: developer has focus on flankers hdd reflection, but that is actually not problem.

8 hours ago, Ironhand said:

For the body, your viewpoint would have to shift. For my hand, I would lose control of the stick for as long as the shadow key press lasted. I couldn't care less whether or not a hand appeared.

Body move or hand to cause partial shadow, it would be very nice if this option is available.

Please note that body workaround likely needs a body to be considered in shadows (in short just add the model), while hand is slightly more complex: requires model, binding and lost of authority of what ever instrument the hand left.

Meanwhile: one workaround would be to export the HDD. Notice nice, but it could still work. 😉

8 hours ago, Ironhand said:

But we're not likely to get either since it would require adding a feature to a dead path.

I would let ED judge on that. My crystal bowl is not with me today, but either way the realities do change with time, and what was impossible yesterday may become possible tomorrow. Meanwhile it would be nice to see occasional tweaks. There are plenty of other places where we could potentially see some minor improvements without requiring excessive developer effort or breaking the legal constraints.

Personally I am glad that they still read this section.