AI Su-30's possible IR signature bug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have Su-27 so I can only spectate the track that you sended to me, so did it give you the launch authorize in 8km's or you just waited for a close range shot? 30km-40km is where I see a fighter like f-16 and able to shot it down with a R-27ET, also I don't have the trk files for the missions above but I just created a new one with the same issue. (including tacview file)

su_30_vs_r27et.trk Tacview-20220713-170119-DCS.zip.acmi

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Rozbiork said:

any ideas?

Well... it would probably help if you had launched an ET rather than an ER in the TRK you provided, especially since you didn't have a solid lock, when you launched the missile. I took control of your flight and launched two ETs instead. Both hit. TRK and Tacview attached.

Rozbiork-Ironhand-1-su_30_vs_r27et.trk Tacview-20220824-091232-DCS-Rozbiork-Ironhand-su_30_vs_r27et.trk.zip.acmi

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hi, the reason I launched an ER first is to make him start evading. When he is in combat mode and his aspect continuously changes, the missile loses track. But after posting that topic, I saw at other aircrafts that if they turn off their afterburners at the same conditions, the missile loses track. Still, I encountered many other situations where I don't know if AI changed it's rpm or not, but still managed to make the missile travel at a straight trajectory and didn't even track... Here is Tacview gif of that, but I'll try to find a .trk file for it. It may be long since it's a mission .trk file...

My apologies. I didn't recognize the situation. I thought it was a short track showing the issue. So I stopped watching after the first missile failed to hit the target.

Not sure why the ET stopped tracking in your TRK because it was tracking as it should off the rail and the Su-30 stayed in afterburner throughout its maneuvering. OTOH, I flew your TRK file again this morning and, again, both ETs tracked and hit. See attached.

Rozbiork-Ironhand-2-su_30_vs_r27et.trk Tacview-Rozbiork-Ironhand-2-su_30_vs_r27et.trk.zip.acmi

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.