AIM-54 RWR detection behavior

Biggus

Firstly, apologies for what is going to appear as the third installment of a duplicate post (the others being on the Hornet and Viper bug subforums), and if the three of these posts need to be moved or merged, then please feel free to do so.  I debated posting a single post in the weapons bugs thread, but I don't believe this is a weapons bug and is more likely to be only impacting ED-developed modules based upon my admittedly incomplete testing.

AIM-54 TWS launches are detected as being active at what I believe to be unrealistically long ranges.  This bug is also present in the Viper and Hornet, and maybe be in other modules too (however it is not present in the M-2000C and the Tomcat).  I do not believe that I should be getting an active warning at 40nm.  These missiles appear to be active as they leave the F-14's rail.

I have only tested this on the Caucasus map so far, although the identical issue for the Viper is present on the Persian Gulf map.  I also have only tested against AI F-14s, and not against player F-14s.

My system specs are as follows:

5800X, RTX 3070, 32gb ram, DCS is installed on an SSD.

My test mission includes a player-led flight of A-10C2s against a single red F-14B supported by a red A-50.

A10C2vsF14B.trk dcs.log

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...