Any ways to improve FPS ?

GunnDawg

So sitting on the ground I get about 10 - 12 fps and then once in the air I get about 20fps or so. I am running on high settings.

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core 2.3ghz

4gb Corsair ZXM RAM

1GB Nvidia 9500GT

Surely I should be getting better frame rates than this right ?

And is there any ways to improve it ?

So sitting on the ground I get about 10 - 12 fps and then once in the air I get about 20fps or so. I am running on high settings.

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core 2.3ghz

4gb Corsair ZXM RAM

1GB Nvidia 9500GT

Surely I should be getting better frame rates than this right ?

And is there any ways to improve it ?

The 9500 series isn't exactly high-end these days ... even with the 1-Gig version. What drivers are you using?

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a core2 Q6600, evga 8800 gts 640 mb, 4 gigs mem, xp pro, and I am getting around 25 on the ground, 35-40 in the air. Not sure, but you should be smoking me with your higher spec proc and vid card. Maybe check for the latest drivers for the vid card?

I believe the 8800 should actually outperform the 9500. The 9500 is not really intended for gaming.

I'm currently running at medium/low settings with a distinctly out-of-date P4 3.6Ghz w/ 2Gb RAM and a Radeon X1950 @ 1920 x 1200 and I'm getting 15 FPS on the ground and 20-25 FPS in the air.

At the risk of offending someone with a shiny new PC, I would suggest that you could turn down some of your options slightly with very little hit on the graphics side of things whilst simultaneously getting a meaningful increase in FPS.

From Matt in the recent Sim HQ interview:

Q: What was the intended target for the graphics with regards to hardware capability?

A: Using our recommended specifications or higher, we target folks using the default HIGH graphics pre-set. During testing, we found this generally provided frame rates of around 30, which is our target FPS. However, in order to “future proof” the game as hardware power advances, we still allow the user to manually up the graphics past the default HIGH settings. This turns out to be a catch 22 though because some folks will of course try to manually max-out all the settings on current system and be disappointed by frame rates. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

dang, sounds like I need a new video card... I just bought this one too :(

I suggest the next time you go buy new GPU. First go to http://tomshardware.com and read some reviews and compares of recent cards. That way you know what it is that you need to buy and don't.

Also the price should tell you something. Atleast is it low,med or high end cards. You can't have good card with low price...

Callsign Lycanthrope79

Set visual distance to "medium" and water to "normal".

You are in a helicopter so visual distance of "high" is not really required. Also, water, IMO, looks more realistic at "normal".

• Like 1

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Set all to LOW or off in options.lua, then you will gain FPS but of course will be lower eye-candy. Your choice :)

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ