You're really kinda killing this thing on the runway ED...

M1Combat

The longer it takes to fully implement this built in radio solution the more people will try it and reject it.  I understand that things take time and all that for sure, but... I'm starting to hear people talk about it as if it's done and that it's not good compared to SRS.  So people are not realizing that it's a work in progress.  They think it's just what you've got and that's it so they migrate to SRS.  Also don't get me wrong :)...  I'm not against SRS it's a great solution as far as something 3rd party with all the limitations that comes with.

I'm only saying that the longer the built in solution takes the less likely it is to be adopted widely once it's done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• ED Team
15 hours ago, M1Combat said:

The longer it takes to fully implement this built in radio solution the more people will try it and reject it.  I understand that things take time and all that for sure, but... I'm starting to hear people talk about it as if it's done and that it's not good compared to SRS.  So people are not realizing that it's a work in progress.  They think it's just what you've got and that's it so they migrate to SRS.  Also don't get me wrong :)...  I'm not against SRS it's a great solution as far as something 3rd party with all the limitations that comes with.

I'm only saying that the longer the built in solution takes the less likely it is to be adopted widely once it's done.

Work is still in progress, it is not something that can be rushed.

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I know Big :)...  I'm not trying to be disparaging at all I'm just trying to point out that it seems to be getting a reputation as being useless and inferior to SRS "so why even try".

I know it will get better and almost certainly be the best solution (from a sim standpoint at the least)...  but it's just that the longer it goes unfinished the more likely it won't be widely adopted...  and that makes me sad because while SRS is great and I use it...  I would LOVE to have the other effects that the ED solution should bring :)...  but they'll only really be useful if it's widely adopted :).

• Like 2

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

For most groups I fly with its already dead in the water, we try it again after each update just in case it now works and run into the same issues time and time again after each update, some can use it some cant and it becomes tiresome trying to go through and work out with each user who has issues with this DCS feature, and the amount of time that it will take ED to complete, well that will also keep people away, I really think they should remove this feature for for now and roll it out when its 100% ready and let the internal beta testers test it to feature complete.

SRS has now been fully integrated into our squad coms and auto connects on joining the servers, it just works without issues, its so simple.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

But has a lot of real drawbacks compared to what ED are sdhooting for :).  Don't forget that bit :).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M1Combat said:

But has a lot of real drawbacks compared to what ED are sdhooting for :).  Don't forget that bit :).

Would you mind sharing what you mean by the drawbacks compared to ED? From my perspective I've always thought ED's would be the one with drawbacks (As from what I understand, the API won't be open, so there's no ability to add external connectors such as Overlord-bot, radio streaming, and other 3rd party options which is available with SRS). So if there's something that ED's implementation will bring that SRS doesn't have (besides being automatically integrated of course) - I'd be very grateful if you could expand on what you've hinted at please. 🙂

LOS issues,  realistic attenuation based on distance/weather etc...  stuff you can only get if you're integrated I think.  SRS might be able to do attenuation but I think LOS issues wouldn't be doable.

Don't get me wrong I think SRS is excellent and I use it myself but ED plans to have features that just won't be available unless the solution is integrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dangerzone

Also I forgot...  With the integrated stuff you could tune into someone else's freq and hear them (even on the other side) unless they've enabled encryption...  and you could jam comms with the right aircraft...

Lots of cool stuff if the comm system is integrated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M1Combat said:

@Dangerzone

Also I forgot...  With the integrated stuff you could tune into someone else's freq and hear them (even on the other side) unless they've enabled encryption...  and you could jam comms with the right aircraft...

AT ED development rate you do realize that will be years away from implementation, not saying it wont happen but id be thinking 2-3 years at best.

Have you read the first post in this topic yet?

On 8/31/2022 at 3:18 AM, M1Combat said:

@Dangerzone

Cool features indeed. However I'm fairly sure you can have double-sided coms already in SRS, although I'm sure it could be enhanded further.

And while listening in to unencrypted coms being native, and having attenuation based on LOS/Weather are cool features, the loss of 3rd party API integration is a heavier weight IMO.  Being able to inject transmissions at a server level whether it be mp3's, text to speech, etc - and additional features such as overlordbot are IMO miles in front as far as wanted features compared to the integrated stuff being talked about. However I fully understand that the YMMV is applicable here. I just wish that ED would consider opening it up for 3rd party access and then we could have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dangerzone
SRS supports that, as well as line of sight and distance (but it's up to the server owner)

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

On 9/1/2022 at 8:47 PM, Dangerzone said:

Cool features indeed. However I'm fairly sure you can have double-sided coms already in SRS, although I'm sure it could be enhanded further.

And while listening in to unencrypted coms being native, and having attenuation based on LOS/Weather are cool features, the loss of 3rd party API integration is a heavier weight IMO.  Being able to inject transmissions at a server level whether it be mp3's, text to speech, etc - and additional features such as overlordbot are IMO miles in front as far as wanted features compared to the integrated stuff being talked about. However I fully understand that the YMMV is applicable here. I just wish that ED would consider opening it up for 3rd party access and then we could have the best of both worlds.

Wholy agree there for sure.

On 9/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, Ciribob said:

SRS supports that, as well as line of sight and distance (but it's up to the server owner)

I had no idea CiriBob :)...  Thank you...  From your perspective is there anything then that you can't do with SRS compared to a built in solution?  Just the weather then??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I had no idea CiriBob :)...  Thank you...  From your perspective is there anything then that you can't do with SRS compared to a built in solution?  Just the weather then??

Weather is doable, that's listed in the mission

There a many things I can't do, the main one being cockpit indicators - i.e on a MFD an indication of a transmission. That requires core changes and I would guess comes as default with EDs implementation

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I meant radio attenualtion/transmission effects cause by weather :).  Especially tricky in MP I would assume?

I meant radio attenualtion/transmission effects cause by weather :).  Especially tricky in MP I would assume?
SP or MP same difficulty, but doable.

However just because it is doable, doesn't mean I'll do it