F18 acls, can't get autopilot to work

nwagtmustang

I am struggling with acls. I get to the point when 6 miles out I get the correct call out from carrier. At 5 miles I push couple on auto pilot. The plane starts a gradual ascent, I do not get p/r symbology. Just distance to carrier lower right of hud. If I take control then the cpl p r flashes. Like it was deactivated. However it was not activated because the plane kept getting higher. I was on speed and had auto throttle engaged at Round 145 knots. Once I take control and center up the needles I try again and it won't engage. I hand fly it in. 

Other times I get p and r on hud but when I couple the autopilot it still won't engage.  I have watched several you tube videos and I'm doing what they are doing, but I must be doing something wrong cause it won't work for me. My fuel state is about 40 percent full. I make small corrections. I even wait till I'm about 3 miles from carrier and still the acls autopilot will not engage. 

I wish there more indepth videos explaining the process and why and what to do if it won't work and how much tolerance you can be off for it to still work. 

He wrote that he activated ATC. I stopped relying on ACLS, it does not work as it should, landing only by hand. It seems that ACLS is not working correctly in all missions and campaigns created before the patch. The training mission created by the players after the patch works correctly. It has something to do with wingman. I don’t know if the ED will solve this or leave it as it is, it’s still not decided in the last patch.

Edited by vitdor

15 hours ago, nwagtmustang said:

I am struggling with acls. I get to the point when 6 miles out I get the correct call out from carrier. At 5 miles I push couple on auto pilot. The plane starts a gradual ascent, I do not get p/r symbology. Just distance to carrier lower right of hud. If I take control then the cpl p r flashes. Like it was deactivated. However it was not activated because the plane kept getting higher. I was on speed and had auto throttle engaged at Round 145 knots. Once I take control and center up the needles I try again and it won't engage. I hand fly it in. 

Other times I get p and r on hud but when I couple the autopilot it still won't engage.  I have watched several you tube videos and I'm doing what they are doing, but I must be doing something wrong cause it won't work for me. My fuel state is about 40 percent full. I make small corrections. I even wait till I'm about 3 miles from carrier and still the acls autopilot will not engage. 

I wish there more indepth videos explaining the process and why and what to do if it won't work and how much tolerance you can be off for it to still work. 

Hi, try this mix I put up just to avoid the current bug, ED is investigating on them.

I did also a very simple video tut, with all the steps, try to see if it works.