Stormbirds portal is reviewing the map

YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

How can you review something that’s not finished? I think a review should only be after the product is released & out of early access. Just my opinion. Stormbirds usually does good work though so I’m sure it was pretty good…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ebphoto said:

How can you review something that’s not finished? I think a review should only be after the product is released & out of early access. Just my opinion. Stormbirds usually does good work though so I’m sure it was pretty good…

If they're charging money for it, it's fair game. They state "first impressions" right in the title, too.

• Like 8

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

2 hours ago, Ebphoto said:

If we go by that as a rule, you wouldn't be able to review a great deal of what is out for DCS right now. I don't say this out of cynicism or to convey snark. It is just that a lot of DCS modules are not 100% complete. Additionally. Every DCS developer has to deal with the reality that releasing a early access product for money will naturally lead to reviews in order to help people make more informed choices. In many ways, the reviews that are more coherent and reasonable (and not just angry gamer outrage stuff) are the ones that lead to better early access releases in the future. 

RAZBAM is charging for the map right now and prospective purchasers have the right to know what they are getting for their money. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Krez said:

Early access. People know what they are getting into.
No one is obligated to purchase it.

Not exactly, for example Syria map in EA (when it was released) had more content and works better (FPS) than SA. So someone can have false opinion about EA stage after release and thinks all products has the same level.
Btw. Even, when product will be finished no obligation to purchase it too.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

16 hours ago, Ebphoto said:

I enjoyed the irony of your fist sentence, followed by the ellipsis dots at the end of your second, which makes me wonder if I should only respond to your post once it's completed.

😁

In any case, the product was released, was bought by many, and is fair game for a review in it's present for-sale state. And Stormbirds is a great site. I get a ton of my DCS news there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!