Help - Correcting WP elevation to 0 AGL

Go to solution Solved by ASAP,

I start this with an assumption that the jet is able to do this.

So in a mission where mission designer has forgot to properly set waypoints to 0ft AGL, we have them stuck at ~6500ft MSL in the air. How can I fix this in CDU so it corrects the elevation of the said waypoint back to 0ft AGL? I assume the jet knows the correct elevation because when I make new waypoint or offset, it is automatically at 0ft AGL based on data from DTED. Following this logic, there should be a way for jet to "reset" the elevation from those default ~6500ft to 0ft AGL. 

• Solution

I am not at my computer to test it but I thought if you go to the waypoint page and re enter the MGRS coordinates it forces the system to pull an elevation from its terrain database and overwrites any manually entered elevation. 

12 hours ago, Vakarian said:

I start this with an assumption that the jet is able to do this.

So in a mission where mission designer has forgot to properly set waypoints to 0ft AGL, we have them stuck at ~6500ft MSL in the air. How can I fix this in CDU so it corrects the elevation of the said waypoint back to 0ft AGL? I assume the jet knows the correct elevation because when I make new waypoint or offset, it is automatically at 0ft AGL based on data from DTED. Following this logic, there should be a way for jet to "reset" the elevation from those default ~6500ft to 0ft AGL. 

Not sure if this is what you're asking but it's in the subsection steerpoint section of the waypoints upper category.

Steps:

1) Hit WP on CDU panel as highlighted below the window

2) Hit LSK 1L "Steerpoint"

3) Type in altitude desired in CDU

4) Drop desired altitude into LSK 2L (as highlighted) 

Screen_220624_145147.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thump said:

Not sure if this is what you're asking but it's in the subsection steerpoint section of the waypoints upper category.

Steps:

1) Hit WP on CDU panel as highlighted below the window

2) Hit LSK 1L "Steerpoint"

3) Type in altitude desired in CDU

4) Drop desired altitude into LSK 2L (as highlighted) 

Screen_220624_145147.jpg

Thanks for the input. I know you can edit the desired elevation, but that wasn't the issue.

Thing is that I don't know what elevation the waypoint should be so it's 0ft AGL, but the DTED inside jet knows that. So I wanted to learn how I can make jet reset the elevation for the existing waypoint, as it would set correct elevation for new waypoints. The solution provided by ASAP was just that. Re-enter MGRS coordinates of the waypoint and jet pulls the correct elevation from DTED. All good now 🙂 

• Like 1