Mission 5 didnt intercept in time

I played M05 three times and all ended in "Mission failed, didn't intercept in time" The first time, I didn't find it, second time, I locked him on radar and about 20 nm out, the third time, I intercepted it and just fired the warning shots as instructed but still it showed "didn't intercept in time, mission failed". Is this a bug, or I have to finish the whole intercpet and divert in a certain amout of time?

On 8/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, hanypopoo said:

how can i turn on GUARD monitoring?

when you pull/move the channels on radio theres 5 things in screens/boxs to the right on the UFC, i think the top one is GRVC, press the button next to it so it has two dots next to it, thats how you monitor guard in the background

On 8/15/2022 at 1:00 AM, hanypopoo said:

OMG!! i cant move on this M05 i played it 9th times and still cant find that plane..its getting annoying

Try boxing WP1, then set a course bar based on the knight call-outs (wp1 is rock), also pay attention to the "Track East" part, as the other plane at 35k is going diff direction 😉 if you wana catch him in time you'll probs have to hit burners too

I think the issue with this mission is, that if you at the second bogey, lock the wrong plane and report it to Knight, you won't have the opportunity to get bogey dope anymore, and have to chase the actual plane around from the last known pos. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The problem of the mission is actually )) in some trick of the author. The desired IL-76 aircraft appears "suddenly" and the false IL-76 disappears "suddenly". Leaves a feeling of "light" deception.

And in general, the sudden appearances that the author began to use are dishonest, they break the gameplay. From DCS you expect boring reality, but instead you suddenly see science fiction and arcade.

image.png

image.png

There is probably no other way to make the mission difficult. But the disappearance of 76 in the sky and the appearance of another looks "suspicious".
However, the most annoying thing is that even while observing the contrail of the desired aircraft, you cannot pick it up on the radar for quite a long time(ED may be). You feel like an absolute fool ))

Edited by vitdor

The trick was the only way to make the mission work as intended (spawning the correct aircraft at correct time). However, I never had trouble with locking the bogey up and using Knight's ROCK calls made it quite easy to locate him. On the other hand I know exactly where he is, but during the beta testing process nobody from the team complained about the difficulty.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 11 months later...

I'm having a bug with this mission as well. I found the proper il76, get the radio calls on guard with the terrorist telling me to go away after I proper id the aircraft tail number.

Once knight threatens to shoot him down he stops talking and we follow him til failure ... What gives

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, vitdor said:

The problem of the mission is actually )) in some trick of the author. The desired IL-76 aircraft appears "suddenly" and the false IL-76 disappears "suddenly". Leaves a feeling of "light" deception.

And in general, the sudden appearances that the author began to use are dishonest, they break the gameplay. From DCS you expect boring reality, but instead you suddenly see science fiction and arcade.

image.png

image.png

There is probably no other way to make the mission difficult. But the disappearance of 76 in the sky and the appearance of another looks "suspicious".
However, the most annoying thing is that even while observing the contrail of the desired aircraft, you cannot pick it up on the radar for quite a long time(ED may be). You feel like an absolute fool ))

oh man, I have been chasing the wrong planes. How can an IL-76 be so hard to find....

I7-10700F | RTX4070 FE | 32G RAM | Quest 2/3 | TM T16000 HOTAS & Throttle | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-15C | A-10 II 

Finally got this done. I get the design now- you lock on a privateer unknowingly, then Knight gives you another vector to a plane nearby- The IL-76. Lost 15 points because I told Blade to read the tail number. Case 3 was easy, not like M01, lol.

I7-10700F | RTX4070 FE | 32G RAM | Quest 2/3 | TM T16000 HOTAS & Throttle | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-15C | A-10 II 

• 4 weeks later...