L-39 Training Missions withe English voiceovers

Hello,

The eight training missions that ED provides for the L-39, are multilingual .. meaning that they show the briefing and instructor's messages on either Russian, English, German, Chinese or Czech. However, the instructor's voice is available only in russian language.

So, following the example set by @Highwayman-Ed, who added voiceovers to the Cold Start mission but lacked time to do the remaining missions, I added english voiceovers to the EN localization, leaving intact the russian voiceovers for the other locales. I'm not a native-english speaker, so I chose to use synthetic text-to-speech voices, but they are very clear and I chose one with a nice UK accent 🙂 that I hope will be pleasant enough.

You can download these missions on this link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324732/

I kept the nice logo image that @Highwayman-Ed created for his version, hope he doesnt mind 🙏

translation.jpg

To install, you can just replace the default training missions, that are at /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/,  and they will work just as the standard training of DCS does.

I open this thread to provide support for these missions, in case a user finds a bug with them. I hope new users will find them useful. 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
Fixed typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello again,

I added the voiceovers to the ED's training missions because I'm returning to this aircraft after many years and so I wanted to do the training again as a resfresher course. However, I don't have the time to do all the training on one or two days, so I was thinking that I needed a way to remember at what stage of the training I am, just to avoid loading by mistake a mission that I already did.

So, I was thinking: "Why not add these missions as if they were a Campaign, instead of just Training Missions?" ... so I made a quick Campaign build, and ended up with this:

CQYluM7.jpg

This way I can see what training missions I've already done, and also feel embarrased at how many tries each lesson took 😳

I made a quick edit to each mission, to make sure that they give a result score of at least 50, so if I fail the mission I won't "step back" to a previous already completed training stage.

I'd love to hear your comments on this, What do you prefer? .. the Campaign-like approach shown above, or the standard Training interface, where you see all missions on the training program, like this:

BWH3cnA.jpg

Please, comment if you are interested on this subject  🙂

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

You are welcome to use any and all assets for this, I like the campaign idea to the training too 👍

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, Highwayman-Ed said:

You are welcome to use any and all assets for this,

Thanks a lot, I liked your illustration as it represents the file contents perfectly 👍

13 hours ago, Highwayman-Ed said:

I like the campaign idea to the training too 👍

I'm in fact flying all the training missions of the L-39 through this campaign, and it is indeed really nice to be able to see how my training progress has been. Once I've fully tested it, I might include the CMP file on the original download, as an option for the user. 🙂

Hello Rudel,

this is/was a very great idea. Just hoping that you can add the campaign file to the download section.

Question: does the campaign install also mean that the files won't be overridden by future updates? Will they install into Saved Games?

27 minutes ago, hsth said:

Question: does the campaign install also mean that the files won't be overridden by future updates? Will they install into Saved Games?

Well, the prototype you see on my prior post is actually at /Saved Games/ but I was actually intending to place the final version at the DCS program folder, so that the same mission could appear on both the L-39 Training menu and also on the L-39 Campaign section, giving the user both approaches on a single install.

I doubt a dcs update would overwrite them, well unless ED decides to add proper human-speaked voiceovers 😉

I can't do much flying these days, but I will definitely give this a try and let you know what I think (not that I'm an expert, but some opinions are better than none!) 🤔

👍

PS - Campaign is a great idea 😉

Edited by Johnny Dioxin
wrong smiley!
  • Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

... I was actually intending to place the final version at the DCS program folder, so that the same mission could appear on both the L-39 Training menu and also on the L-39 Campaign section, giving the user both approaches on a single install.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I was not able to have either the Campaign or the Training, refer to the same MIZ files using relative path references. So, the only way to have this campaign approach to work, is to duplicate the missions, which seems like a waste. This is how the training looks when setup as an L-39 campaign:

PBsji2B.jpg

I will test this a bit more, before deciding if it is worth to place it at DCS User Files, or if it would confuse some DCS players. 😪

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

Is the Open Beta required for this? I tried yesterday and got a notice saying it was a newer version - I did need to update DCSW release, so I did so. But today it's still telling me its for a newer version.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

4 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Is the Open Beta required for this? I tried yesterday and got a notice saying it was a newer version - I did need to update DCSW release, so I did so. But today it's still telling me its for a newer version.

Hello,

Yes, unfortunately at the moment you would need Openbeta. If you wait for the next stable update (which should be near), the mission will load without warning messages.

This happens because at the moment the Openbeta Mission Editor is version 22, and the missions created with it are marked like this:

r4ojmtV.jpg

The Editor can load previous version's missions with no issue, but it gives a warning if you load a mission created by a newer Editor. It seems that the current Stable DCS has Editor version 20 and so it warns you when trying to load a mission created with the newer v21 Editor.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I'd like to have it as a Campaign actually. The disk space is no problem for me - we're talking DCS after all, so gigabyte here and there... what is it? 🙂 I'd also rather not to mess with the original files, so I prefer using Saved Games (user files).

BTW: For a short while I was considering doing the voice-over in pseudo-Russian accent... something like this:

I really didn't get too far with it though. 🙂 But I could do more if it makes any sense.

• Like 4

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

12 hours ago, virgo47 said:

I'd like to have it as a Campaign actually. The disk space is no problem for me - we're talking DCS after all, so gigabyte here and there... what is it? 🙂 I'd also rather not to mess with the original files, so I prefer using Saved Games (user files).

Hi,

Here is the training in Campaign format, uncompress on your /Saved Games/DCS World/ folder:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ia0P01IPTVrUBaqEbQ?e=7zTIra

On DCS it will appear at Campaigns -> My Campaigns

👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to have it as a Campaign actually. The disk space is no problem for me - we're talking DCS after all, so gigabyte here and there... what is it? I'd also rather not to mess with the original files, so I prefer using Saved Games (user files).
BTW: For a short while I was considering doing the voice-over in pseudo-Russian accent... something like this:
I really didn't get too far with it though. But I could do more if it makes any sense.
Sounds great!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk