Nvidia control panel program settings

Moxica

I am trying to check settings for "Virtual reality" i Nvidia control panel. Browsing to DCS.EXE, and in the control panel it is (re)named to:
"Digital combat simulator: Black shark", and have no support for vr settings.
I do not even own the Black shark module. What is going on?

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

it's a very old setting, it just mapped to dcs.exe don't worry about he name

you are correct there are no directly useful settings in there for VR, MFAA is broadly useful if you are using MSAA, other than that i currently have:

nullhonestly not sure how effective they are in total.

image.png

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 26 Minuten schrieb speed-of-heat:

you are correct there are no directly useful settings in there for VR, MFAA is broadly useful if you are using MSAA, other than that i currently have:

image.png

My performance increased when I set the „virtual reality pre-rendered frames“ to 4. And you have a stronger system than me.

Edited by Phantom711

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

40 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

image.png

So these are your NVCP settings after going OXR ? If so I’ll change mine. Which one is MFAA ? And I guess Vsync on fast makes sense.

Moxica it’s been like that every since I started. No big deal.

Thanks !

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

33 minutes ago, Phantom711 said:

My performance increased when I set the „virtual reality pre-rendered frames“ to 4. And you have a stronger system than me.

yes thats likely true but it also introduces a lot of latency which i found irritating 

34 minutes ago, Phantom711 said:

MFAA is above these ones 

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Sorry SoH , I just got home booted up and there it is right in front my face " Multi-Frame Sampled AA " MFAA. Geeez ! Okay well I'm running MSAA x2 and gonna enable it. Thanks.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Didn't we decide that all these settings have no effect or only negative effect (pre-render to 4) aside from "Prefer max performance" and maybe MFAA?

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Oh... I thought you were suggesting the settings from your screen shot :).

My bad 🙂

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Nope but that's what's currently set...That's why I say "not sure how effective these are"

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 5:12 PM, M1Combat said:

Didn't we decide that all these settings have no effect or only negative effect (pre-render to 4) aside from "Prefer max performance" and maybe MFAA?

Try Low Latency Mode = Ultra, turn off all vsync and frame limiters, set your resolution to 1080p, and for VR leave vr pre-rendered frames at 1 and turn off motion reprojection.  This only works if the CPU is working harder than the GPU, but you want the CPU to be working harder because it is the ultimate controller of the pipeline.  If your GPU frame times exceed your CPU frame times, it means the GPU can't keep up to the CPU.  If your GPU frame times are higher, then this doesn't work.  My 3080Ti and i7 11gen loves it.

Handy Nvidia latency video to watch.