Meta's VR hmd prototype

Supmua

Popularity aside, they're one of the very few companies with enough money to sink into R&D and push forward the VR technology and with enough clouts to reshape the VR industry.  Their software alone is at least a few years ahead of everyone else, and the upcoming hardware should be fairly exciting also.  The vid is a few weeks old but the upcoming Quest Pro or whatever it's called should be packed with some new hardware tech.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Yeah hopefully doesn't try to force you to connect to degenerate FB...I still have to get around to side loading that garbage off my O2.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

They're dropping the facebook requirement on the Quest, so at least they're listening to the complaints.  My Aero at 35 PPD (without foveation) is already pretty good, can't imagine what a 55 PPD headset  like that would be like...probably a whole new level of VR experiences.  The future looks good.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

48 minutes ago, Supmua said:

They're dropping the facebook requirement on the Quest, so at least they're listening to the complaints.  My Aero at 35 PPD (without foveation) is already pretty good, can't imagine what a 55 PPD headset  like that would be like...probably a whole new level of VR experiences.  The future looks good.

Yeah they are dropping FB requirement but introducing Horizon log in mandatory. I will not be owing a Meta headset anytime soon.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Yeah they are dropping FB requirement but introducing Horizon log in mandatory. I will not be owing a Meta headset anytime soon.

Same here . The parent company has never been trustworthy .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the look of the new headset and was going to get one - but the way FB/Meta policies (and thereby UI's) are going with VR has made me have a major rethink and I really don't want to stay beyond the Quest 2.

Such a shame, but others will make decent headsets, too, so I'll just use what I have now, and wait.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2