Kneeboard question(s)

VZ_342

Hi all,

I'm using DCS 2.7++ and although the F-5E's kneeboard shows up onscreen, I'm unable to find its location so I can add a startup checklist.

1. Where is the OEM kneeboard located?

2. "Saved Games..." doesn't have a kneeboard folder for the F5E, should I place one there, and where?

Thx

47 minutes ago, VZ_342 said:

I'm using DCS 2.7++ and although the F-5E's kneeboard shows up onscreen, I'm unable to find its location so I can add a startup checklist.

1. Where is the OEM kneeboard located?

it doesn't matter, as you don't want to put custom files within the DCS program folder

47 minutes ago, VZ_342 said:

2. "Saved Games..." doesn't have a kneeboard folder for the F5E, should I place one there, and where?

you create the folder using windows file management, the path should be /saved games/DCS/Kneeboard/F-5E-3/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, VZ_342 said:

Ok, did it and it worked...but now only a few of the original maps in the kneeboard are showing. Is it possible I could rename the added images so they are first, i.e., page 1, page 2, etc?

?  .. the Map's pages should appear AFTER your custom pages. 

On DCS the kneeboard is formed by taking images from four locations, on this order:

1) Module Default KB: On the F-5 it consists of a single page, and it is generated by a lua file, not an image file, as it contains dynamic information. It's stored here:

/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/aircraft/F-5E/Cockpit/Scripts/KNEEBOARD

2) Player's Custom KB: You already used it, it's stored here:

/Saved Games/DCS World/Kneeboard/F-5E-3/

3) Map's Kneeboard: (Only Caucasus, Nevada & South Atlantic have ED-provided pages)

/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/terrains/map-name/Kneeboard

4) Mission's Kneeboard:

These are images stored inside the .MIZ file. It should contain information about the mission, it's like an expanded version of the Briefing .. pity that few Mission designers use it.

5) Finally, the last pages on the kneeboard is a Map of the flight area with about 7 pages, at different zoom levels each.

Within each of these sections, the image files are shown on order by filename. I have asked ED to please alter this order and place the Mission's kneeboard  before the player's custom KB, but this wish has not yet been granted.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It's fixed now.

1. I renamed the provided (in the mod ("F-5E-3 kneeboard Quickstart checklist")) folder to "F5E-3";

2.Deleted the Read Me within;

3. And renamed the images with an added "0" (zero):

001-F5E-001 (to -0001), 001-F5E-002 (to -0002), 001-F5E-003 (to -0003)

I did all three at once, so there's that. It works as intended now.

Thx Rudel_chw!