Feedback Thread - F14 Tomcat Patch July 21st 2022

IronMike

Has anybody else noticed a problem with taking off from Nellis in the Instant Mission. Im glad to see that Wingsweep issues are at least being discussed but since the update the F-14 spawns on the runway with Electric, and Air still attached, the wingsweep set to oversweep, and you cannot communicate with ATC or ground control via menu (I could still bring up rearm/refuel using hotkey)

14 hours ago, Lionheartwolf said:

Has anybody else noticed a problem with taking off from Nellis in the Instant Mission. Im glad to see that Wingsweep issues are at least being discussed but since the update the F-14 spawns on the runway with Electric, and Air still attached, the wingsweep set to oversweep, and you cannot communicate with ATC or ground control via menu (I could still bring up rearm/refuel using hotkey)

The Nellis takeoff mission? I just tested and didn't have any problems. Air source was not connected on my mission. 

I could communicate with ground crew normally, and I could see their subtitles responding. If you can't hear their audio set the ICS to hot mic.

Yes the wings started in oversweep, but so what? Just set the emergency lever, master reset, set auto through the throttle quadrant, and take off. What's the issue?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

The Nellis takeoff mission? I just tested and didn't have any problems. Air source was not connected on my mission. 

I could communicate with ground crew normally, and I could see their subtitles responding. If you can't hear their audio set the ICS to hot mic.

Yes the wings started in oversweep, but so what? Just set the emergency lever, master reset, set auto through the throttle quadrant, and take off. What's the issue?

I've taken off from Nellis more than a few times and these things never existed. After the update now they do. This is a thread involving feedback for the patch and its an applicable place to mention it.

I cannot explain why you don't have an issue but I do. I run a vanilla steam version, with no mods. I came here trying to find more information. I know how to contact ATC and ground crew. I'm saying when I click on them nothing happens, not they do nothing, but I literally cannot click on them. 

These are my issues, I feel like I was clear. What I don't need is hostile responses from immature posters that say things like "so what?" Thank you for attempting to help, but you are not helping. 

6 minutes ago, Lionheartwolf said:

I've taken off from Nellis more than a few times and these things never existed. After the update now they do. This is a thread involving feedback for the patch and its an applicable place to mention it.

I cannot explain why you don't have an issue but I do. I run a vanilla steam version, with no mods. I came here trying to find more information. I know how to contact ATC and ground crew. I'm saying when I click on them nothing happens, not they do nothing, but I literally cannot click on them. 

These are my issues, I feel like I was clear. What I don't need is hostile responses from immature posters that say things like "so what?" Thank you for attempting to help, but you are not helping. 

I was not trying to be hostile, I swear. Sorry if it came across that way. Hopefully you figure it out. 👍

• Like 1

Oversweep on ground spawn is universal now, and unsweeping your wings prior take off is a checklist item.

This is unfortunately due to the fact that you can only set one wingstate for all ground spawns, unlike the carrier. It is necessary to avoid wing sweep 20° fwd spawns in hangars, as we find unsweeping the wings is nothing outrageous (or even abnormal irl to do and) to ask from the player, while ofc having them spawn with wings damaged and stuck in a hangar is.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

18 hours ago, Lionheartwolf said:

I know how to contact ATC and ground crew. I'm saying when I click on them nothing happens, not they do nothing, but I literally cannot click on them

The ATC and ground crew are radio services so you use radio to contact them. What exactly you want to click on? The comms menu? What do you need from them when you're ready for take off on the runway? Have you set the right frequency for the Nellis ATC? Do you use proper mic button (ptt)?

Yes, I checked, the mission is fine. User error, sorry kid.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria