Mission 07 crash/freeze

Hi,

I, too, am now plagued by freezing/ crashing issues. VR user. Mission freezes (with the "waiting..." message displayed) right when "things start to get interesting", as in it seems a major mission trigger event is happening (spawning of many assets?). I'm on the most recent OB patch.

Here follow mission spoilers:

Spoiler

It happens after the low-level bombing run (after 1 and 2 RTB'ed), after switching to new strike frequency and are about to head off to investigate whatever it is we should investigate (never found out due to crash)

Log file attached.

dcs.log

Edited by Jayhawk1971

Same here. I have no VR device and CTD encountered 2 times like you guys said. Thus, I had to skip this mission to continue playing subsequence missions. I completed most of objectives of mission 7 after all.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

vor 18 Minuten schrieb PB0_corse66:

Nope nothing, I just replayed it that's all. Didn't changed a thing

Odd. Did you compare your logfiles if there's any difference? Would be interesting if they look differently.

I'll try the mission again tomorrow and see if it works for me then. Maybe ED snuck a stealth patch in? 🤷‍♂️ 🙂 

Edited by Jayhawk1971

Same problem with Mission 7, crashes immediately after the comm check ("Raven 14"... crash) after switching to 303.2.

Running the latest open beta, Rift S, no mods, recently verified integrity of files with Steam.

Had a similar crash in Mission 3. I actually completed it fine the first time, but when I went to replay it it crashed consistently in the exact same spot three times while heading to the get well waypoint. I don't think there was any beta update in that time, so clearly this is a bug in DCS or the campaign triggered by some sort of mission event, but it's intermittent.

I don't have the logs any more, but I recall the error log for the Mission 3 crash was something like "sound render time exceeded allowed slice"

Edited by danep

• 1 month later...

Just had two crashes on M07. Exactly the same place, just on starting the low level runs, about 30 mins or so into the mission. Each time the mission progressed uneventfully, until just as I was turning in. DCS seems to continue running- I have sound etc, but is frozen.

DCS freezes rather than CTD.  I have no mods installed, and never have. Never had any problems before. Anyone have any ideas?

Tried again today. Got a little further, but crashed just after I switched frequencies following the low-level run.

I'm at a loss as to what to try- I've got no mods, did a repair of DCS which didn't show up anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather not skip the mission but looks like may have to.

@baltic_dragon

Hi- thanks for the reply.

I gave it another go today and completed the mission without any issues.

In between, I updated my AMD Chipset drivers- no other changes- as I had recently updated Windows to 22H2, and wondered if this was the cause. May have been a coincidence but seems to have sorted my problem.

I should also say- thanks very much for your hard work on the campaign. Technical issues are a part of DCS, and your work has been fantastic for years and keeps me playing, so thank you very much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
vor 13 Stunden schrieb Quax:

Anyone tried to deactivate the F-14 Heatblur Mod? Maybe that causes problems? I constantly keep getting crashes in M08 and didn't try without the F-14 Heatblur yet. Could there be a relation?

That worked! I tried in M08 and game didn't crash at the regular point (just when feet wet). I was able to complete the mission until going RTB.

• 3 weeks later...