Rudder Pedals are King :)

I do enjoy the rudder pedals for flying. I was super surprised when it turns out that the Ka-50 doesn't have toe brakes! It doesn't have differential toe braking or even pedal brakes at all! The brake is a paddle on the cyclic. Weird.

I can not imagine flying Black Shark without my Saitek pedals!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

I vote for left too. :music_whistling:

I vote for left too. LMAO

YOU AND ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS YOU SHOULD KNOW THEY GOT DOUCHED BY YOU!

_NICK_

Please send comments to 1800-GO-****-YOURSELF:doh:

J/k LOL I already know your joking:) :thumbup:

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

I do enjoy the rudder pedals for flying. I was super surprised when it turns out that the Ka-50 doesn't have toe brakes! It doesn't have differential toe braking or even pedal brakes at all! The brake is a paddle on the cyclic. Weird.

I think toe brakes is a fixed wing thing, Heli's have such control authority at a standstill you don't need them. I could be wrong though as I haven't flown the big multi engine with black round things yet :( I'm sure those that do fly them on this forum can answer.

Edited by Vortex

I haven't flown the big multi engine with black round things yet

Ha!

Most large western helicopters have toe brakes. I know that all U.S. Army helicopters with wheels have toe brakes. The Puma has toe brakes, too.

I was rather surprised on my first look around the Mi-17 to notice that it just had the one paddle brake on the cyclic. Not only that, but only the left seat has the brake, there are no wheel brakes for the pilot in the right seat. :huh:

Ha!

Most large western helicopters have toe brakes. I know that all U.S. Army helicopters with wheels have toe brakes. The Puma has toe brakes, too.

Doh, lucky I mentioned I was only guessing! You seem happy I was wrong too! Must mean I've been posting fairly correct stuff to date :smartass:

btw, we need a heli version of this :pilotfly:

Edited by Vortex

You seem happy I was wrong too!

Nah, it just reminded me of something we used to say when I was in the Army... "Skids are for kids." Not that we really hated skids, we just liked making fun of the Kiowa guys (probably because their aircraft was more reliable than ours).

• Like 1

@Tigrom:

I used some black magic to make the clutch and throttle on my G25 act as a single rudder axis,...

How did you manage this? I have tried but can only come up with a "Brake/Throttle" setting. I beleive I could use the clutch in LOMAC before. But cannot get this to work in BS.

Cheers,

Ingolf

| i7 7700K quad@4.50Ghz | GTX 1080Ti | RAM: 16GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | X52Pro | G25 | Rift CV1 / 2 x Acer GN246HL |

@Tigrom:

How did you manage this? I have tried but can only come up with a "Brake/Throttle" setting. I beleive I could use the clutch in LOMAC before. But cannot get this to work in BS.

Cheers,

Ingolf

There is a thread on here somewhere, tells you how to do it with PPJoy, GlovePIE and a very simple script, I'll dig it up when I wake up, it appears that Black Shark has had me up til 5am.. again.. so I must sleep.

Edit:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35901

Here is the thread. I had to change the GlovePIE script slightly after spending ages having it not work. A little google loving found me the right one.

PPJoy1.Analog0 = 0.5*Joystick1.y - 0.5*Joystick1.dial

It works lovely and makes life so much more fun!

Edited by Tigrom

@Togrom:

It works lovely and makes life so much more fun!
- a Bunch of thanx Tigrom! I'll check it up right now.

About BS keeping you up until sunrise --- yep, know the disease... It's called FWL ... (fun without limits!) ;)

| i7 7700K quad@4.50Ghz | GTX 1080Ti | RAM: 16GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | X52Pro | G25 | Rift CV1 / 2 x Acer GN246HL |

Seeing this thread, you guys enticed me, so I went and got myself the saitek rudder pedals, wow, the experience is overwhelming. It made a huge improvement. :thumbup:

I was hesitant in the beginning since why would I need pedals since I have rudder on my stick (ms sidewinder) or under my throttle on my X45? Well, for all who wants to know; it’s like night and day. It kind’s a make me feel from when I went from a mouse to trackIr.

Thanks guys. I love my new purchase now time too :pilotfly:

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.