[ATTN ALL DEVS] F-105D-31RE "THUD" THUNDERCHIEF - WITH ENGINEERING DATA DUMP, MANY FILES

SOLIDKREATE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, upyr1 said:

The initial Thud Weasels were F models. The real issue though is whether or not we can get the proper tones

Yeah that is very true. We have an 'G' here about 30min away from me at the Flying Heritage Collection. All birds are air worthy however I do not know about the THUD. I have yet to hear of one that flys. But there would still have to be some fire control RADAR around to point at it to set it off right? Or would the on board lamp test work? I highly doubt they'd let me go up and record sounds. I could ask though?

Here she is: https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/a-big-thud-at-the-flying-heritage-collection/

Hangar Maps, all WWII A/C are in flying condition except for the manned buzz bomb and Me-163. The MiG-29 sometimes goes out in the Summer. All tanks and guns work too and so does the artillery. 

hangarmap-240923-111725.webp

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Yeah that is very true. We have an 'G' here about 30min away from me at the Flying Heritage Collection. All birds are air worthy however I do not know about the THUD. I have yet to hear of one that flys. But there would still have to be some fire control RADAR around to point at it to set it off right? Or would the on board lamp test work? I highly doubt they'd let me go up and record sounds. I could ask though?

Here she is: https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/a-big-thud-at-the-flying-heritage-collection/

Hangar Maps, all WWII A/C are in flying condition except for the manned buzz bomb and Me-163. The MiG-29 sometimes goes out in the Summer. All tanks and guns work too and so does the artillery. 

hangarmap-240923-111725.webp

No thud is airworthy. There have been an atempt or two. So DCS is the only way for the Thud to live on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Go to 10:40, these sounds might be the chirps of what I think is the RWR?

The image is labeled 357th which was part of the 355th TFW. During the Vietnam war they were a composite wing, they also operated EB-66's my dad was an EWO with the 41st TEWS. He initially wanted the Thud then changed his mind

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I emailed the club and asked what the process was to go record sounds. Wish me luck.

Also double the variant's that squadron used. 

I know looking at this post

It looked like you found someone doing the Thud. Even if we have enough open-source information to do a Wild Weasel, the remaining question issue would be an AI EWO. I know there is a lot you can't or won't say however if I were developing the module and I weren't Heatblur I would aks about licencing Jester. 

Yeah that would be cool to do. The T.O F105B-34-1-1 and the -34-1-1S thru 5S I sent cover the EWO operations and how things are done. They will have to make seperate training modules for front and back seat. This plane is probabaly 2 years away IMO. I wish I knew how to program. I have my own project I'd like to do, the A-37B Dragonfly or a Ryan Firebee drone for mission makers. I'm takling a course in Blender now. It is beautifully done in manageable sizes (15-25min) each. He takes you through the whole process of a Bf-109G6 (early) plane. I think there are over 20 videos. You all should check this out.

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1

SolidKreate,

Many years ago now, I was a founding member of a group of Flight Simmers who would get together nearly every evening to research the history of various historical aviation genres.   Once we garnered enough knowledge we would then, for a calendar year, re-enact flights according to what we had learned on our chosen subject matter.  We used Microsft Flight Simulator FSX, a terrible platform to fly combat operations on but we had many talented people with some incredible skills that enabled us to create some terrific scenarios with the use of AI aircraft, effects, etc. 

It is a long story.

However, one year we decided on flying operations according to the exploits of the 34th TFS based at Korat, Thailand.  Flying the Thud we flew sorties into North Vietnam, Laos, etc.  To research the history we reached out to many people and organisations.  We spoke with big names such as Ed Rasimus and Dave Waldrop, both of whom were absolute gentlemen and gave us an inordinate amount of first hand information.  We also were introduced to the Red River Rats Society, now called the Red River Valley Association.  This organisation was incredibly supportive, they gave me cockpit recordings of radio chatter during missions, as well as reams of documentation that one would normally not receive, all on the promise that we would simply promote their website, which we were more than happy to do with every YouTube video we made of our flying.  It helped a little that our group consisted mainly of ex-fast jet aircrew from the US and Europe (two of which served in Vietnam Air War as aircrew, A-4C and F-4B), "Bart" Bartholomay was our resident F-4B man, some may know of him as he managed to "bag" two Mig-19's on his second tour over Vietnam. 

I am digressing, the point I would like to raise here is if you are seeking any assistance in promoting a Thud Module for DCS then you cannot go wrong by contacting the River Rats.  Here is a link to their website:   Red River Rats Association

Edited for typos.

Edited by Tengah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tengah said:

SolidKreate,

Many years ago now, I was a founding member of a group of Flight Simmers who would get together nearly every evening to research the history of various historical aviation genres.   We would, once we garnered enough knowledge we would then, for a year, re-enact flights according to what we had learned.  We used Microsft Flight Simulator FSX, a terrible platform to fly combat operations on but we had many talented people with some incredible skills that enabled us to create some terrific scenarios with the use of AI aircraft, effects, etc. 

It is a long story.

However, one year we decided on flying operations according to the exploits of the 34th TFS based at Korat, Thailand.  Flying the Thud we flew sorties into North Vietnam, Laos, etc.  To research the history we reached out to many people and organisations.  We spoke with big names such as Ed Rasimus and Dave Waldrop, both of whom were absolute gentlemen and gave us an inordinate amount of first hand information.  We also were introduced to the Red River Rats Society, now called the Red River Valley Association.  This organisation was incredibly supportive, they gave me cockpit recordings of radio chatter during missions, as well as reams of documentation that one would normally not receive, all on the promise that we would simply promote their website.  Which we did with every YouTube video we made of our flying.  It helped of course that our group consisted mainly of ex-fast jet aircrew from the US and Europe (two of which served in Vietnam Air War as aircrew, A-4C and F-4B), Bart Bartholomay was our resident F-4B man, some may know of him as he managed to "bag" two Mig-19's on his second tour over Vietnam. 

I am digressing, the point I would like to raise here is if you are seeking any assistance in promoting a Thud Module for DCS then you cannot go wrong by contacting the River Rats.  Here is a link to their website:   Red River Rats Association

Edited for typos.

We need to contact them

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 12:01 AM, SOLIDKREATE said:

Yeah that would be cool to do. The T.O F105B-34-1-1 and the -34-1-1S thru 5S I sent cover the EWO operations and how things are done. They will have to make seperate training modules for front and back seat. This plane is probabaly 2 years away IMO. I wish I knew how to program. I have my own project I'd like to do, the A-37B Dragonfly or a Ryan Firebee drone for mission makers. I'm takling a course in Blender now. It is beautifully done in manageable sizes (15-25min) each. He takes you through the whole process of a Bf-109G6 (early) plane. I think there are over 20 videos. You all should check this out.

thanks for posting the video, do you have any interest in working on an asset pack? 

• Like 1