[ATTN ALL DEVS] F-105D-31RE "THUD" THUNDERCHIEF - WITH ENGINEERING DATA DUMP, MANY FILES

SOLIDKREATE

• ED Team

I know this document is prior to 1980 but the classification on the front page should still be adhered to. 

Please check our forum rule 1.16 at the top of the page. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I know this document is prior to 1980 but the classification on the front page should still be adhered to. 

Please check our forum rule 1.16 at the top of the page. 

thank you 

I was alerted to this by another member and thought it needed clarification that the statement on the manual isn't a classification, it's just the museums policy.  I have the same manual, but an original and not from the museum, so doesn't bear that statement:

F-105 -34 Title Page.JPG

Edited by Blaze1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Still, I suppose it'd be better to use the one not stamped as such. No point getting in trouble with NASM over violating their policy. That said, it says "for reference use". I don't know how it's legally defined, but perhaps you may use it as reference for making a commercial product (I imagine "commercial use" would be rather like charging people for getting to read it). I'd rather worry about "further dissemination" clause.

21 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Still, I suppose it'd be better to use the one not stamped as such. No point getting in trouble with NASM over violating their policy. That said, it says "for reference use". I don't know how it's legally defined, but perhaps you may use it as reference for making a commercial product (I imagine "commercial use" would be rather like charging people for getting to read it). I'd rather worry about "further dissemination" clause.

It really shouldn't matter which one is used as they're exactly the same.  I guess the only difference would be to use my title page.😁

• Like 1

The museums policy is for copying the book and selling it. We can use ait al;l we like for data gathering for a module. 

12 hours ago, draconus said:

Nah, I don't think so.

image.png

Yes I know I cant make copies or sell it. Not what I am doing. 

-------------------------------------

Oh and yes I do have the T.O. 1F-105B-34-1-1s-3, Supplement as well.

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 2

Flipping through this book and the Supplement and I am amazed at what this bird can carry. Then even have Wild Weasel info in here. Sorry, I am just bouncing off the walls becauise now with this I can buy the Trumpeter 1/32 scale plane and 3D print all of the ordinance for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

ED already said in the past that they are not interested in the Century Series.

Well we are getting an F-100

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

The Thud is an awesome plane. Just looses to the 104 for me. 

We at VSN are working on an EFM-Version with custom clickable cockpit but it will need some time since we are just a bunch of guys doing that stuff in ouf free time.

If a 3rd-Party Dev would taje on that project, that would be awesome, but I guess from the money-side of things the thud would not sell that good (I still think a lot better than those jet-trainers) but may be not good enough to invest in the developement...

Anyway, our Plan is Update F-4B/C, Standalone F-104 V0.9, F105d+g EFM + 3dcockpit Version, may-be already standalone...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:16 AM, Fromthedeep said:

Not from ED.

No one claimed otherwise did they? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

The Thud is an awesome plane. Just looses to the 104 for me. 

We at VSN are working on an EFM-Version with custom clickable cockpit but it will need some time since we are just a bunch of guys doing that stuff in ouf free time.

If a 3rd-Party Dev would taje on that project, that would be awesome, but I guess from the money-side of things the thud would not sell that good (I still think a lot better than those jet-trainers) but may be not good enough to invest in the developement...

Anyway, our Plan is Update F-4B/C, Standalone F-104 V0.9, F105d+g EFM + 3dcockpit Version, may-be already standalone...

When people get tired of plinking targets with computers, they all fall back to the cold war etc. 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I may have to go the route of the Su-22 creator and teach myself. My skills are in CAD & SIM (CREO 8 & ANSY 2023). I'm sure I can learn 3DS Max. The hard part is I have zero coding experience and would mostlikely use an existing jet as a template.

According to Grinelli's statements, the F-105 is 'not available'. Therefore either something prevents this particular jet from being made (which is very unlikely) or someone has it licensed or at the very least has serious plans to deliver it. (Very likely)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hatman335 said:

According to Grinelli's statements, the F-105 is 'not available'. Therefore either something prevents this particular jet from being made (which is very unlikely) or someone has it licensed or at the very least has serious plans to deliver it. (Very likely)

Yeah I think it's the Century Series team. I left a post in their Discord. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

Yeah I think it's the Century Series team. I left a post in their Discord. 

Hi. Well, yes, we at VSN are planning to "upgrade" our F-105D/G mod with an EFM (about 75% done) and a clickable 3d-cockpit (still a way ahead of us) and "want" to get it to standalone-status as well (even further away). But that will not put the 105 "off limits" for a 3rd-party-dev-team. Of course it might make it "not so interesting" since a good free mod could cut into sales. If Grinnelli says the 105 is off-limits, there is a good chance somebody "blocked" it for further developement... Or it is deemed not interesting enough or not makeable due to lack of info...

• Like 1