What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?

d0ppler

What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of aircraft do you wan't to see next?

• Fixed wing attacker (A-10, Su-25..)
    • Fixed wing fighter (Su-27, F-16...)
    • Fixed wing utility/transporter (AC-130, An-70...)
    • Rotary wing attacker (Longbow, Mi-28, Appache...)
    • Rotary wing utility/CSAR/transporter (Mi-24, KA-60, UH-60, Bell 412...)
    • None of the above (specify)

I have to disaggree, I have never really had a desire to fly Russian equipmnet, not that I find anything wrong with them, they just do not appeal to me is all.

I would love to see a high model Tornado or Griffin, but my first love will allways be in Heli's and I would be very excited to see a AH-1Z or EuroTiger.

Bullet

• Like 1

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

I honestly can't think of anything I'd like less from a sim, in fact I can't think of anything less fun than flying a glorified hairdrier around. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way at all, but if you want to fly unarmed transports FSX is already in the shops.

Ok, the MD500 might not fit so well into DCS in its current state, but the BO105 is certainly armed and would fit right in without upsetting too many people. See these vids if you still have doubts.

I hate to say this but... just by telling me to go fly FSX, you have been disrespectful. Express your dislikes all you want, but don't say my request should never be included just because YOU don't like it. I don't like jets that much but I still hope you get most of the ones you desire. That is what respect is about mate.

We are aviators... not jet jocks versus hairdryer honchos. We should get along :D

Peace - out.

Edited by Celo63
Added another vid

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

While I don't know for sure, what will be in next DCS, I have this gut feeling, that it will be US multirole jet, maybe carrier capable also. It seems to be the most possible next module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Death-17

Any yahoo can fly fixed, it takes skill to fly rotor.

Although I had placed my order a few months ago (still waiting it to be heard by the producers ;) ) I would want either the MI-28N (I know, i know CLASSIFIED) or the JAS-39 Gripen (CLASSIFIED?!?!? I guess it is). The Gripen would be an ideal multi-role aircraft wich you can operate on Highway-strips. So it would be a unique aircraft with a unique operation spectrum (and Sweden isn't far away from Russia either).

But sometimes I can't make up my mind if I want either a rotary- or a fixed wing aircraft. Then I'd go with the AV8-B (or whatever variant) Harrier. The best of two worlds in one aircraft. Buy one and get two ;).

I love russian aircraft and would love to see some great Flankers and Fulcrums, but we should give aircrafts a chance that have never been simulated before (at least not realistically). Or would'nt you get bored to see yet another new Dracula-Movie?

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

i think maybe a F-4 variant could be good. it's a nice fighter, still in service in some countries, (Germany, Israel, etc.), and (this is a guess) not much probably is classified still pertaining to its systems. i would love to be able to fly something as a German. It's double ugly but still hot!:wub: also can someone confirm/deny my assumption.

Then go to Turkey and strap into a Turkish Phantom.

They are ugly, but ugliness has its' own beauty, like the monster in the "Alien" movies ;).

Phantoms.... Aren't those the planes that were constructed with the words in mind: "with enough thrust, even a brick can fly" ;D ????:D

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

I have to disaggree, I have never really had a desire to fly Russian equipmnet, not that I find anything wrong with them, they just do not appeal to me is all.

I would love to see a high model Tornado or Griffin, but my first love will allways be in Heli's and I would be very excited to see a AH-1Z or EuroTiger.

Bullet

+1

Coming reasonably new into the flight sim thing (well, new-ish... havent played one for over 10 years until now) i was quite surprised at the all-out love and devotion to any aircraft that's Russian/Soviet.

Like you, i don't find anything wrong with them or anything... but they don't make me all tingly downstairs.

+1 on the EuroTiger (or the Tiger ARH i think we Australians call it) as well, but only because i'm an Aussie and we use them in our defence force.

I have no doubt that after the A10C, the next aircraft/airframe will be a soviet based fast mover or the CAS thing (su25t?). I doubt it'll be an F-16 as then it crosses over with F4 (or whatever falcon version you're using) and the 'wow' factor just wouldn't be there; it'd just be 'ok, here's the F-16 and my god the graphics are sweet. I have 6DOF and the terrain is gorgeous... right... it's still an F-16 though and i'm a bit over it because i play/played Falcon so much'. I think, just from a marketing perspective (not being in marketing at all, but thank god that it's the internet and i can force people to read my poorly-formed opinions), that whatever comes after the A10C will want/need to have people on the edge of their seats when they announce it and not have people trying to compare it to something else. Like, how many people would wet their panties if ED announced that they were releasing DCS: Mi-24 HIND in a Soviet/Afgahn campaign?

I bet a lot would.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

i was quite surprised at the all-out love and devotion to any aircraft that's Russian/Soviet.

It's because you're not looking at it the right way. Remember, "You must think in Russian!". Can any sane person (you Army dudes don't count, this is Air Force/Sparta!! :D) watch

and not start saying "I can haz Su-27?" as if you were a freakin' "LOLcat"?!

Now seriously (I swear!), one thing is that there are close to none flight simulators depicting Soviet and Russian equipment correctly. On the other hand, almost every single modern military flight simulator deals with an American aircraft. They're all about either the F-16, F/A-18 or F-15 - little exceptions. When it's about ground attack, then it's always about the A-10 or some AH-64. Boooring (alright, not boring, but pretty much more of the same)!

Do you imagine how ass-kicking it was to be able to fly MiG-21s in Chuck Yeager's Air Combat? Dude, it was totally awesome! And what about NovaLogic, when it released MiG-29 Fulcrum?! Dude, it was freakin' awesome! Loved those missions and everything else, lots of variety (of course, I liked F-16 MRF as well). And then came "Flanker", which might be considered the beginning of everything we see today. I jumped straight into Flanker 2 already and was totally amazed by the quality of that sim. Top quality stuff (for my standards at the time), had tons of fun with the Flanker. Those menus were amazing (actually, I prefer them to the current Lock On ones, in some aspects), and that music... oh, that was sweet! Then there was Lock On, Flaming Cliffs, and then... DCS: Black Shark! Of course, you probably know the story on the last ones, right :music_whistling:?

We already got an attack helicopter, and we'll get a ground-attack aircraft. Awesome! ED got one of the most popular and impressive helicopters there is (Ka-50), and one of the most popular attack aircraft (A-10C). Let's check the most asked on the many wishlists around. Helicopter? Check! Attack plane? Check! Fighter? Ch... Sh... Missing!

What fighters weren't modelled extensively in x+1 simulators? Soviet ones! And we have to consider the CIS market, which is, as pointed out, way bigger than the Western (taking it this way, they need to remember we exist, and not the contrary :D). I bet they'd be much happier with a Soviet plane than another American multi-role fighter. Thing is, even if we decide to ignore the CIS community is way bigger, we can say that: almost everyone there asks for a Russian plane (take as an example all the "Даёш [Russian Plane] с АФМ!" signatures we see around from members that are active in both forums), so we'll consider it as 100%. Let's say only half of the English speaking community wants a Russian plane (which isn't really true), so 50%. Putting the communities as equal in numbers, we can still consider that aprox. 75% of the community would be happy with another Russian plane. If we disconsider all the military **** behind it, and put that most users are from democratic countries, common sense tells us that a Russian aircraft is the best choice for next DCS module :smartass:

...and as the fighter is the only missing from the top-three wishes, you know what I'll suggest, right :music_whistling:?

Anyone who never heard the noise of a Russian aircraft in full-afterburner live can't give an oppinion about it :D

You know 98% of statistics are made up on the spot and some of us actually know that, right?

:D

:lol:

blah blah blah russian blah blah blah soviet blah blah blah digital_steve is a legend, i want him blah blah blah statistics blah blah blah guesswork blah blah blah end

;)

All that still doesn't alleviate my surprise at the love, given the airframes available in lock on and flaming cliffs... i just didn't realise how popular simulators were in europe and such (i only speak english, because i'm a stupid australian... you know: throw another shrimp on the barbie, pass me a stubby and have a look at that sheila kind-of stuff).

As my post said, i don't doubt the next thing will be a russian/soviet piece of lucas_from_hell orgasm! It's just what will it be; will it be a fast mover because ED want to eventually have a complete line of all types of military fighting aircraft, will it be a fixed-wing CAS thingy or will they (and i think they should, because black shark has seemed to make people go rotary ga-ga and helicopter simulation seems to fill a niche thats wanting... and even converts people to it!) go with a helicopter such as the Hind?

Now, as my post elicited such a massive response from you, i think you should give me some rep :thumbup:

;)

• Like 1

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

It's because you're not looking at it the right way. Remember, "You must think in Russian!". Can any sane person (you Army dudes don't count, this is Air Force/Sparta!! :D) watch
and not start saying "I can haz Su-27?" as if you were a freakin' "LOLcat"?!

Now seriously (I swear!), one thing is that there are close to none flight simulators depicting Soviet and Russian equipment correctly. On the other hand, almost every single modern military flight simulator deals with an American aircraft. They're all about either the F-16, F/A-18 or F-15 - little exceptions. When it's about ground attack, then it's always about the A-10 or some AH-64. Boooring (alright, not boring, but pretty much more of the same)!

Do you imagine how ass-kicking it was to be able to fly MiG-21s in Chuck Yeager's Air Combat? Dude, it was totally awesome! And what about NovaLogic, when it released MiG-29 Fulcrum?! Dude, it was freakin' awesome! Loved those missions and everything else, lots of variety (of course, I liked F-16 MRF as well). And then came "Flanker", which might be considered the beginning of everything we see today. I jumped straight into Flanker 2 already and was totally amazed by the quality of that sim. Top quality stuff (for my standards at the time), had tons of fun with the Flanker. Those menus were amazing (actually, I prefer them to the current Lock On ones, in some aspects), and that music... oh, that was sweet! Then there was Lock On, Flaming Cliffs, and then... DCS: Black Shark! Of course, you probably know the story on the last ones, right :music_whistling:?

We already got an attack helicopter, and we'll get a ground-attack aircraft. Awesome! ED got one of the most popular and impressive helicopters there is (Ka-50), and one of the most popular attack aircraft (A-10C). Let's check the most asked on the many wishlists around. Helicopter? Check! Attack plane? Check! Fighter? Ch... Sh... Missing!

What fighters weren't modelled extensively in x+1 simulators? Soviet ones! And we have to consider the CIS market, which is, as pointed out, way bigger than the Western (taking it this way, they need to remember we exist, and not the contrary :D). I bet they'd be much happier with a Soviet plane than another American multi-role fighter. Thing is, even if we decide to ignore the CIS community is way bigger, we can say that: almost everyone there asks for a Russian plane (take as an example all the "Даёш [Russian Plane] с АФМ!" signatures we see around from members that are active in both forums), so we'll consider it as 100%. Let's say only half of the English speaking community wants a Russian plane (which isn't really true), so 50%. Putting the communities as equal in numbers, we can still consider that aprox. 75% of the community would be happy with another Russian plane. If we disconsider all the military **** behind it, and put that most users are from democratic countries, common sense tells us that a Russian aircraft is the best choice for next DCS module :smartass:

...and as the fighter is the only missing from the top-three wishes, you know what I'll suggest, right :music_whistling:?

Anyone who never heard the noise of a Russian aircraft in full-afterburner live can't give an oppinion about it :D

I'm biased to either aircraft, I'll take a Russian/American/European airplane or helicopter simply because it's a DCS aircraft. But it's been stated a few times by guys in the know that the selection for aircraft isn't a balancing game as much as it is dependent on information/contract work from the military.

If no CIS country requires a helicopter simulator and a NATO country needs an AH-64A trainer then we'll most likely see an AH-64A, at least that's how I've interpreted the process.

If they do go fighter, I can see the radar work being a large additional step in the development process. KA-50/A-10C don't have radars to paint targets just some very A/V equipment to ping targets ;).

If I were to have my way though, I'd ask for the Incom T-65. :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

Sorry I had an xwing/tie figher moment there.

;)

One clarification on the process of selecting aircraft for DCS: It doesn't require a military contract. Original plans were for A10A, not A10C. But military contracts makes it easier both to finance the product (since you'll get revenue both from the military as well as consumer market) and to collate the information needed. And obviously, it also helps making unlikely airframes (like the A10C) possible in the first place.

The AH64A/D thing is one of those similar cases. There's so much classified stuff in the D that a military contract (that allows a commercial version) is required to make it happen - but the AH64A is easier and shouldn't technically require a mil contract. (However, the fact that it wouldn't get the development costs spread between markets makes it harder to finance than, f.ex, one with a mil contract.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I say it once again - gimme Su-25TM and I will pwn blue by Kh-31 :P

As far I know there are 8 Su-25TM now, all T have been upgraded to TM standard with new features.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That would be sexy. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If ED asked me of what aircraft to model I would say "The least modeled ones which are still in service!". Now I don't mean B-52 or KC-135, I mean all the aircraft that are out that made a name that haven't been used again and again in Flight Sims. We 've seen many F-16/15/18/22 and A-10 is coming shortly.

Still there are aircraft like (fighters) Mirage-2000, Mig-29, Su-27/30 (attack)Tornado IDS, AV-8B, SU-25. In general all these aircraft are modern enough to be interesting and added in DCS series with the Russian ones being more interesting (to many of western customers such as myself) cause there is still a "mystery" floating around their name!

I agree. I'd like to see the AV-8B in DCS. That would be a blast.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

If ED asked me of what aircraft to model I would say "The least modeled ones which are still in service!". Now I don't mean B-52 or KC-135, I mean all the aircraft that are out that made a name that haven't been used again and again in Flight Sims. We 've seen many F-16/15/18/22 and A-10 is coming shortly.

Still there are aircraft like (fighters) Mirage-2000, Mig-29, Su-27/30 (attack)Tornado IDS, AV-8B, SU-25. In general all these aircraft are modern enough to be interesting and added in DCS series with the Russian ones being more interesting (to many of western customers such as myself) cause there is still a "mystery" floating around their name!

along those lines maybe a sepcat jaguar could be good.

• Like 1

Ka-52.. but it has limited weapons and is used primarily for tasking flights of Ka-50s. Can only be flown by two people (no AI right seater). Maybe you have to qualify expert in the 50 to unlock the 52...