is it a bug?

100Fuegos

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is not normal? ERs in TWS mode? After the lock you're in STT and that's the only mode you can fire and guide the SARH missile.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

hace 50 minutos, draconus dijo:

What exactly is not normal? ERs in TWS mode? After the lock you're in STT and that's the only mode you can fire and guide the SARH missile.

after firing the 77s, I switch to ER, do a 360º turn and follow the radar pointing at the target.
I think that normally when making sharp turns the ER lock is lost.

53 minutes ago, 100Fuegos said:

after firing the 77s, I switch to ER, do a 360º turn and follow the radar pointing at the target.
I think that normally when making sharp turns the ER lock is lost.

Yep, the lock should be broken. Can you upload the short track showing this?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

From the manual:

TWS mode provides automatic target lock on (transition to STT). This is enabled by moving the radar cursor over a target. The cursor will “snap” to the target and follow it thereafter. Automatic lock on occurs at a range equal to 85% of the calculated maximum weapon launch range. The pilot also can force an earlier lock on by pressing the [Enter] key.

In your case the automatic relock was instant the targets were back into radar gimbals so imho it's not correct.

Uhm... it's in the "we're thinking about it" phase or even not possible due to current situation in Russia.

Edited by draconus

En 30/8/2022 a las 12:45, Ironhand dijo:

The Rs and ERs supposedly have the ability to relock.

it also does it with the T and ET.
But in all cases T, ET, R and ER in TWS and TWS2 modes, and only in the version of the MIG-S

Edited by 100Fuegos

6 minutes ago, 100Fuegos said:

it also does it with the T and ET.
But in all cases T, ET, R and ER in TWS and TWS2 modes

It's radar doing it, so missile selection does not matter.

44 minutes ago, 100Fuegos said:

rather it is that they are not interested, I think.

I've read some dev answers here and came to that conclusion.