What would be Mirage F1M's loadout list?

litzj
Go to solution Solved by snocc_,

On 10/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, Northstar98 said:

The F-16 is completely capable of mounting the LAU-88/A with no modifications completely as is - the only thing unrealistic is the LAU-88/A was out of inventory by the mid 2000s.

As for 4 HARMs, according to Wags some are wired for it, some aren't.

Aircraft payloads should be realistic to the aircraft being created.

And?

The F1M isn't a prototype, neither is the AM.39 or the AS.30L or whatever TGP the Iraqis had, nor were they tested/cleared/fired/wired on an F1M.

What's this then?

a9431ae0834c0495db70c2ef032f47c4.jpg

Or this?

sGyb54XS_CXfT7_4oVZSJmAA4rWbNT-hglRkOp70

Whoops!

And in any case, it was wired for 6, can carry 6 (evidently), the radar was designed to be able to support 6...

If it can accomodate the pylon and is wired for it, then there's nothing unrealistic about it.

The F1M has yet to fly with AM.39, AS.30L, the targeting pod (Atlis? Patrick?), at all...

And?

As common as "x is unrealistic so y should be too" argument is (even in cases where "x is unrealistic" aren't even true), no-one ever seems to be able to justify it, wonder why...

If you also look it doesn't have any AIM-9s.   And I should have stated it never went into combat with that load out.  It's like the 10 AIM-120 load out on the Hornet.  Sure it can do it.  Hell I could slap a GAU-6 on a Prius, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, Hodo said:

If you also look it doesn't have any AIM-9s.

?

But the Tomcat is capable of carrying the AIM-9, even with -54s on the wing glove pylons.

And I should have stated it never went into combat with that load out.  It's like the 10 AIM-120 load out on the Hornet.

If the aircraft is capable of it as is and it's supported in documentation, then it's good to go in my books.

DCS should be about giving you building blocks that are as realistic as possible to what they're supposed to be, what people do with those building blocks should be (and is) completely up to them.

Ultimately the Hornet supports 10 AIM-120s, the Tomcat supports 6 AIM-54s, the Mirage F1M supports 0 AM39s.

I'm sorry but you're kinda comparing apples to oranges here, while you're correct that in combat these loadouts didn't/wouldn't be used, but the fact is the aircraft are completely capable of it as is and the Mirage F1M isn't.

Sure it can do it.

Which is all that really matters.

Hell I could slap a GAU-6 on a Prius, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Well, in a similar breath the Spanish integrating a missile they never bought or used and never were going to buy or use (redundant given Spains existing maritime strike capability with things like the Harpoon (a superior missile) on their Hornets (a much more suitable platform the role)) wasn't a good idea either.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 10/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, Northstar98 said:

The F-16 is completely capable of mounting the LAU-88/A with no modifications completely as is - the only thing unrealistic is the LAU-88/A was out of inventory by the mid 2000s.

As for 4 HARMs, according to Wags some are wired for it, some aren't.

Aircraft payloads should be realistic to the aircraft being created.

And?

The F1M isn't a prototype, neither is the AM.39 or the AS.30L or whatever TGP the Iraqis had, nor were they tested/cleared/fired/wired on an F1M.

What's this then?

a9431ae0834c0495db70c2ef032f47c4.jpg

Or this?

sGyb54XS_CXfT7_4oVZSJmAA4rWbNT-hglRkOp70

Whoops!

And in any case, it was wired for 6, can carry 6 (evidently), the radar was designed to be able to support 6...

If it can accomodate the pylon and is wired for it, then there's nothing unrealistic about it.

The F1M has yet to fly with AM.39, AS.30L, the targeting pod (Atlis? Patrick?), at all...

And?

As common as "x is unrealistic so y should be too" argument is (even in cases where "x is unrealistic" aren't even true), no-one ever seems to be able to justify it, wonder why...

I hate to be the "actually" guy. But F16 isnt wired for 4 harms. Harm on station 4 & 6 can only effectively be carried for showoff purposes. IE they can be carried and even jettisoned by not fired.

Some real life F16 maintainers have answered this question that in reality they can only fire  2 harms from station 3 & 7 

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

8 hours ago, Kev2go said:

I hate to be the "actually" guy. But F16 isnt wired for 4 harms. Harm on station 4 & 6 can only effectively be carried for showoff purposes. IE they can be carried and even jettisoned by not fired.

Some real life F16 maintainers have answered this question that in reality they can only fire  2 harms from station 3 & 7 

Don't worry, I'm aware of all the posts, but I took Wags at his word when he said some do, some don't.

And even if it is the case that Wags was telling porkies or whatever, it still doesn't justify "x is unrealistic so y should be too" and so far all I've seen are appeals to perceived hypocrisy (even when it's apples and oranges, like this case - the F-16CM Block 50 can at least fire the HARM, the F1M can't fire the Exocet at all).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.