Additional TM Cougar MFDs blanked out

Hey everyone.

First off, apologies if this has been answered but I have been googling and searching the forum without any luck.

Just picked up the A10Cll in the wallet murdering sale (worth it!) and I am having a bit of trouble...

I have 4 of the TM Cougar MFDs, In the Hornet I have them for left, right and center with the 4th as a button box mounted to a second screen.

But when trying to bind them, I see 2 of the 4 are greyed out in both the A10C and A10Cll.
image.png

Is there any way to get them working?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jakes
Spelling

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

You should probably ask ED support for advice.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

sorry for reviving/hijacking this thread.

I'm trying to swap controls from my left MFD to the right MFD. I was able to do that with the Viper and the Hornet, but it's not letting me do it for the Warthog (C or CII). Anybody found a way around that ?

Ragards

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

1 hour ago, bengo said:

Hi, 

sorry for reviving/hijacking this thread.

I'm trying to swap controls from my left MFD to the right MFD. I was able to do that with the Viper and the Hornet, but it's not letting me do it for the Warthog (C or CII). Anybody found a way around that ?

Ragards

The A-10C has a pair of files which have the same function as the "default.lua" but are specific for the two MFD's. They are named "F16 MFD 1.lua" and "F16 MFD 2.lua" respectively. They define which commands are available for left and right MFD resp. The Hornet and Viper don't have that kind of files and are therefore more flexible.
You might try to re-name these two files, but I cannot guarantee results (I don't have MFD modules). Even if it works, you will have to repeat that operation after each update or repair, because ED will restore the original files. It might be less trouble to not try to swap the MFD's 🙂.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...

I delete those mfd f6 lua files from the standard dcs installation

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

As I mentioned in another thread, if you load the TM Windows drivers, the MFD properties pages in the Game Controllers control panel will allow you to renumber the MFDs to something other than 1 or 2, in which case they will appear as F-16 MFD "new number" in the DCS controls setup, are not locked in by the default MFD 1 and 2 .lua files, and can be freely mapped.  I try to avoid messing with the program files, if I can; I've been burnt by updates too many times in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 8:08 PM, Slipstick said:

As I mentioned in another thread, if you load the TM Windows drivers, the MFD properties pages in the Game Controllers control panel will allow you to renumber the MFDs to something other than 1 or 2, in which case they will appear as F-16 MFD "new number" in the DCS controls setup, are not locked in by the default MFD 1 and 2 .lua files, and can be freely mapped.  I try to avoid messing with the program files, if I can; I've been burnt by updates too many times in the past.

This.  Run->joy.cpl, change the MFDs to something > 2.  I was going to use 3,4,and 5, but got them to 4, 4, and 6 with the LEDs where they belong before it all blew up.  Now they don't even show up in Target (which I only use to turn the throttle LEDs off) and as regular controllers in the control panel.  Probably a driver thing, but despite ED's best efforts I can use them now.

I seem to recall the pathetic control options in the A10 as the reason I've never flown it.  Might need some serious help from LeCuvier to get this dialed in.  Waiting for ED to help with controls is a waste of time.  Their inability to add even a single binding is breathtaking.

• 6 months later...