Regular crashes in VR after update to stable 2.7.18.30765

nitron

Hi folks,

Ever since my update to the latest stable the game keeps crashing to desktop quite often. VR picture turns blue and out I am. 

Tried RAM check and GPU Ram check without errors since I thought I cloud have an issue here initially. I had a liberation mission were this frequently happened and when I rolled back to previous 2.7.17.29493 it se emed to have gone away. Log and dump attached. Please let me know if you need more info.

dcs.log-20221009-011452.zip

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nitron said:

Hi folks,

Ever since my update to the latest stable the game keeps crashing to desktop quite often. VR picture turns blue and out I am. 

Tried RAM check and GPU Ram check without errors since I thought I cloud have an issue here initially. I had a liberation mission were this frequently happened and when I rolled back to previous 2.7.17.29493 it se emed to have gone away. Log and dump attached. Please let me know if you need more info.

you have a load of 

INFO    APP: Device unplugged

ERROR   DX11BACKEND: DX device removed

are you running VR? i see possible precedence for VR sound unplugging. can you post a dcs.log from when it works?

also you appear not to have device hotplug disabled set. you will have this line in your log if so. you currently do not.

INFO    APP: Device hotplug disabled!

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Here is another crash when I just tried with the latest stable. I still don't see the 'INFO    APP: Device unplugged' message in the log but it was definitely disabled. I had it set in both autoexec.cfg (no_device_hotplug = true) and settings.

Yep I am using VR as mentioned in the title.

Also I defaulted all my OC settings turned off.

dcs.log-20221009-190820.zip

Edited by nitron
more specific parm added

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dog 1-1 said:

having the same issue with my reverb.  Something is definitely broken as of recently.

Ditto.  Latest Stable Release has a number of us CTD'ing.  Both VR and non VR users have had this at different times in-game. Most often happens after some sort of 'change'. Whether that be respawning, changing slots, changing views (external, etc). Numerous crash reports sent from the dialog that's shown up. This has been in Multi-Player. Just wondering if these other crashes have been MP or SP, and/or if they coincide with any 'change' being done in game?

On 10/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, Dangerzone said:

Ditto.  Latest Stable Release has a number of us CTD'ing.  Both VR and non VR users have had this at different times in-game. Most often happens after some sort of 'change'. Whether that be respawning, changing slots, changing views (external, etc). Numerous crash reports sent from the dialog that's shown up. This has been in Multi-Player. Just wondering if these other crashes have been MP or SP, and/or if they coincide with any 'change' being done in game?

valid point. is it MP or is it changing within mission. in SP you would not be changing. i suppose you could try running an MP mission locally. not sure if that would prove anything. however i do know that you will crash if a device is unplugged when playing. @nitron never answered so dunno if that issue is corrected.

• Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hi folks, so for me 2 issues.

There was likely a RAM issue, even though I ran memtests.  I updated from 2- 4 sticks a while ago and that caused some trouble unmasked after the update. But eventually I saw some more frequent crashes with the previous build too. After increasing voltages things have become much more stable and I could update the latest stable again.

On top of that my reverb g2 cable broke down, which I think contributed here as well. It could have been just a coincidence that always when I tried the latest stable built it would crash with those unplug errors. The headset eventually would not be detected anymore with some 4-1 error. They went away when I tried another headset.

So many crashes and hours later I think for my part I am good now. Thanks for your input!

Edited by nitron
reverb g2 not 4