F-16 Viper Textures Overhaul

Texac

16 hours ago, VictorDavion said:

So i tried opening the files in the normal folder with GIMP and it gives an error even with the BC7 plugin. The only ones that will open and display properly are the PSD and roughmet ones. Am I missing a required plugin?

The Normal textures are usually not supposed to be edited, unless you're doing very specific things.

I use the NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter to open or convert into different file formats that can be opened and edited in GIMP, like PNG.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

7 hours ago, Texac said:

The Normal textures are usually not supposed to be edited, unless you're doing very specific things.

I use the NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter to open or convert into different file formats that can be opened and edited in GIMP, like PNG.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter

Ah so its the ones in PSD folder then to edit to build skins. Makes sense cuz those function as I'm used to. 

• 1 month later...

Hello @NEW is my Callsign.

I lost some of my original template files, specifically the wing tanks. I've restored a bit but the layers are very simple.

Both tank templates include a UV layer now though!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKAPqYqrYeUmhnlTiKMJbX_XW22A9LBB/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Oh wow! I only found out about this thread today, but I can't wait to test them in-game. I always found the default ED F-16C look more like a plastic model than a real airplane. I don't like ED's texture work on the Hornet either, so I have been using user liveries for both exclusively.
I'll test yours this afternoon. Thanks for your hard work: the screenshots look absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, EchoOneOne said:

Hey Texac, I'm wondering if you're interested to make a improved template for zeus CFT mod, many people would love to see that. 

I made the current one, would love to hear what needs improvement, apart from the model. 

On 7/29/2023 at 11:23 PM, Roughmaster said:

I made the current one, would love to hear what needs improvement, apart from the model. 

@Roughmaster Texac's template has updated screws, roughmets and dirt. Matching that with new template probably the only thing that could be updated texture-wise

Edited by Raven 7-1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Probably because it breaks IC.

If breaking IC causes the server list to not populate, then what's the point of servers that don't require IC check? Furthermore I have many mods that break IC and none of those inhibit the server list from populating.

Edited by Nealius

If breaking IC causes the server list to not populate, then what's the point of servers that don't require IC check? Furthermore I have many mods that break IC and none of those inhibit the server list from populating.
You're right. Wasn't thinking straight.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, EchoOneOne said:

@TexacCockpit looks kinda empty over there, are you planning to make even flat textures for it?

That's not possible for us. ED needs to spend some time to finish the external cockpit 3d model including textures.

Currently, as you can see, this area behind the pilot is empty and there are no texture files defined for it.

• Like 1

can someone make a Turkish Air Force skin with this template? Any of them is welcomed

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5