Startup question.

Opstad

Hi there.  I have a question that has been buging me for a while. 

I usualy do "cold and dark" on my Falcon, its all good. But my issue is that the Sam info for Sead do not show up in hsd and had . I only get it on the Rwr.. 

Any ideas ?  And one more thing, when i rearm after a flight i do a shutdown of the aircraft.  And after strartup i get an X over the Flight path marker. What is wrong ?

8 minutes ago, Opstad said:

But my issue is that the Sam info for Sead do not show up in hsd and had . I only get it on the Rwr..

Usual suspect is the alignment, what kind of alignment do you do Stored or Normal, and if Normal do you confirm the coordinates when it starts?

10 minutes ago, Opstad said:

And after strartup i get an X over the Flight path marker. What is wrong ?

Again check the alignment.

Yes, deselecting threat classes speeds up the search, so if you know which SAM you are hunting just leave that class selected it will find it in no time. As for threat rings not showing on HSD, if you selected late activation in mission editor that might be the case.

Did you rearm by any chance while alignment was in process? If it shakes the aircraft it messes up the alignment.

• 2 weeks later...

Also enable Parking Brake if on any inclined / sloped taxiway - and even if not, just do it! Even minimum, hardly noticable movement may ruin your INS' day.

You not even can deselect classes, you even can go for individual SAM sites' codes (ALIC tables) to refine your search time to a 20s or so.

5 minutes ago, void68 said:

Also enable Parking Brake if on any inclined / sloped taxiway - and even if not, just do it! Even minimum, hardly noticable movement may ruin your INS' day.

You not even can deselect classes, you even can go for individual SAM sites' codes (ALIC tables) to refine your search time to a 20s or so.

yes you can deselect classes on the HAD page. click on THRT and then disable classes. actively selected classes have a white background. by default all 11 classes are selected, which makes the search time pretty long. if all you look for is red sams, classes 1-3 are sufficient. class 4 for EWRs (which can no longer be targeted by the harm anyway) and class 5 for red ships. 6-11 are western systems and ships

this does not affect the HARM HAS mode, so if you use HAS, deselecting every emitter that you dont want to look for on the WPN page speeds up the process there.