DCS: Normandy 2.0 preview

MAESTR0

On 4/16/2023 at 4:53 PM, MADLOU1 said:

The heck with digital aircraft combat, this map looks so good I'll probably won't do anything but sightsee all over the gorgeous thing!

I just went for a drive from the Houses of Parliament in Westminster, along Whitehall to Trafalgar Square, then through Admiralty Arch and up The Mall to Buckingham Palace.
So for a start, London isn't close to being that hilly.  The buildings along Whitehall are not right - there's no 10 Downing Street (the Prime Minister's house) and no Cenotaph on Whitehall.
Coming out of Downing Street at the St James's Park end, the aforementioned inaccurate hilliness resulted in the road being considerably higher than the park, when they should be at the same level.

• 4 weeks later...

I can see how much work has gone into this map and I appreciate that.  I do however wish the developers had consulted the many keen WWII buffs on these message boards regarding the layout of the British airfields and their building designs.  They do look to be rather "made up" affairs.  I know many of us would have been happy to provide the details and plenty of photo evidence.

• Like 2