Can't use both monitors

moggel

With Nvidia you would use the Nvidia control panel and when you open it under display there is a link to setup multiple monitors. From there you would select horizontal span across both displays to treat them as 1 monitor.

Then you would use 1024x768 on each monitor to bring 2048x768.

then in the game go to options and set BS to camera +Shval and the resolution to 2048x768.

Then when you start up you would have the Shval on one monitor and cockpit on the other. If you have a SUPER video card you could then evenly increase the resoultion both in Nvidia control panel and in BS.

This is the only way I could get it to work without going crazy with the lua hacking.

I do not know what the equivalent is for ATI. I use a GTX 8800 Card.

Hope it helps!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Nvidia you would use the Nvidia control panel and when you open it under display there is a link to setup multiple monitors. From there you would select horizontal span across both displays to treat them as 1 monitor.

It's really cool! ;) But if you open prevision page of this topic, you saw, what this working only on Windows XP and early. Windows Vista doesn't support span, only DualView

Всё сказанное автором - вымесел, и не может быть использовано как доказательство в суде.

Мой блог | My blog

Hey guys,

first of all thanks to Freeman :thumbup: , i tried the setting yesterday and it did worked well.

Using Vista64 and two 1280/1024 monitors.

I've set them next to each other in system, while i have the second one above the main monitor. I've set to the left (above) Shkval and the right one (bottom) showing the main camera window (cockpit).

So far so good.

But i've noticed one thing and that is that iam missing the radio menu, you know ... the menu you are using to communicate with wingmen, control tower, etc. This menu is just not shown on the screen and it is hard to give any orders in SP. So while i had to gave my wingmen the attack order, i gave them order to jettison weapons :D Quite funny, but the mission was at that point over. :joystick:

Anyway, have anyone discovered this? Could someone give me any advice to fix that? :helpsmilie:

Thanks a lot ;)

IMAGE_026.jpg.6a7592fc80bcd8fa27718a17afea5d8d.jpg

Edited by alx
typos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--= < Coop Gaming Redefined ! > =--

Hi all,

Freeman you seem to be a multi monitor wizard:pilotfly:

Can you please assist me I have tried to follow your examples and failed:helpsmilie:

I run Vista ultimate and have my control panel settings to dual view.

primary is 1920x1200 second is 1200x1024

I have made my .lua files into text files to upload them.

I hope you can help:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for Cibit

options.lua

["graphics"] =
{
   ... cut...
    ["fullScreen"] = false,
    ["width"] = 4480, 
    ["height"] = 1200, 
    ["aspect"] = 3.73333333, 
   ... cut ...
} 

monitorSetup file:

Viewports =
{
      Center =
      {
          x = 1280;
          y = 0;
          width = 1920;
          height = 1200;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 1.6;
      }
}
Shkval =
{
       x = 3200;
       y = 0;
       width = 1280;
       height = 1024;
}

Second monitor on right

And again - don't use standard notepad for editing lua!

Edited by FreemanRU
syntax error and resolution fix

Всё сказанное автором - вымесел, и не может быть использовано как доказательство в суде.

Мой блог | My blog

Cibit, your first was:

Hi all,

Freeman you seem to be a multi monitor wizard:pilotfly:

Can you please assist me I have tried to follow your examples and failed:helpsmilie:

I run Vista ultimate and have my control panel settings to dual view.

primary is 1920x1200 second is 1200x1024

I have made my .lua files into text files to upload them.

I hope you can help:)

Actualy, you have 1920x1200 and 1280x1024. I'm edit prev post. It's first.

Second, check all your config:

- edit options.lua

- create file Camera+Shkval.lua

- select this file in DCS config screen

Мой блог | My blog

Well I certainly feel foolish for my screen size error. However I have followed your advice and am still getting the same image as I attached to post 32. I have checked over the options with my backup and it is unchanged except for the above corrections. I am using an app called DocPad to maintain the file integrity but am stumped as to what else to try:doh:

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The multimon lua changes when copied outside of the game???

I will attatch a txt file with the correct data which is what I have in my directory

I have a feeling the problem lies with my apps for notepad. I wonder what is recommended?

Edited by Cibit
updated info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay discovered notepad++ have edited files opening with this app. attached are the copies from my instalation directories.

Sorry freeman I am a noob in so many ways:music_whistling:

though I am afraid it is still as before (post32)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, problem is, i cannot join multiplayer games any more (the MP client is streched over all "three" monitors

the "fly" button is not in the visible area and the chat is unreadable because its on the non existent third monitor on the left :(

dcs-dual-abris-shkval.JPG.127c5ee15ec54e4cd72a647b3dd82ecc.JPG

Edited by ulukay

Can I just ask a somewhat OT thingy before I leave this thread? You say I can't use Notepad to edit .lua files but I did that without problems (I didn't have an alternative). Does the "Notepad-no-go" apply to XP only (I run Vista) or was I just lucky?

Cheers

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Well Freeman I have to thank you for all your help. It is still F****D though.

This morning I had the idea that I would swap the physical connections of the monitors at the back of the GPU, this done I tried to launch the game only to get a script error. about = expected next to "Y" in scripts/loadouts. This seems now to have resolved itself but the screen is still the same as before. I think I will take vista and bury it in a deep dark hole. Long live XP with SP3:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can I just ask a somewhat OT thingy before I leave this thread? You say I can't use Notepad to edit .lua files but I did that without problems (I didn't have an alternative). Does the "Notepad-no-go" apply to XP only (I run Vista) or was I just lucky?

Cheers

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=582905&postcount=41

Notepad doesn't have full support of UTF-8 without BOM coding. At Vista too.

Мой блог | My blog

Guys, if you've set up those two monitors (unfortunately you have them swapped, but ...) do you get (visible) the radio menu when you press "\" button ?

yes, but only because i have the second monitor on the right side

so i can see the radio menu, but not the chat in multiplayer :(

Your have problem, couse DCS centering self window on primary screen. I think that to solve this problem later.

Мой блог | My blog

Guest Angela Deth

dual montors just fine single but multi not working properly

well, problem is, i cannot join multiplayer games any more (the MP client is streched over all "three" monitors

the "fly" button is not in the visible area and the chat is unreadable because its on the non existent third monitor on the left :(

I have the exact same problem with the multiplayer client. I have BS running just great with two monitors, main display on the left monitor and Shkval and ABRIS on the right monitor. Everything looks fantastic when flying alone.

But when I launch the multiplayer client everything is stretched across both displays with the buttons out of place or completely missing and unusable.

Gwen