F-16 antenna elevation is too fast

Go to solution Solved by Blackhawk NC,

In the F-16, I cannot use a hat switch for antenna elevation because even a quick bump moves the elevation much too far. The scale of movement should be dialed back so effective control of the antenna elevation can be done smoothly and effectively using a hat switch. Neither a rotary nor a slider is available on my hotas so the buttons in the control menu must be used. The movements are just to quick! 

• Like 1

Have a read of this thread, there is a suggested Lua adjustment which slows down the speed.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

1 minute ago, Blackhawk NC said:

Made the changes to the lua file using notepad++ and it fixed the problem...... Thanks!

Is the compatible with Multi Player servers (clean client) flag?

Edits .lua files is fair enough for SP of course but a formal improvment to the product in this regard is the only way forward.

S! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This was a major source of frustration for me for a long time. Changing the suggested values as part of default.lua file had not affect for me. What did work, however, was to reduce the time that the commands were applied when they were input from Hotas.

I have a Logitech X52 and I do all my mappings outside DCS using it's programming tool. Instead of applying the keyboard inputs for "-" and "=" set as Buttons, I set up Advanced Commands (which controls how long various key inputs are applied when certain buttons/controls are pressed on the Hotas.) After reducing the time delay all the way down to 0.01msec that I was able to have a fine control over the elevation of antenna. Problem solved. So, if your Hotas allows you to control the time duration applied for a keybinding, then this maybe a more effective solution.

Edited by sa63114200