MB-339 - Skinners' corner (paintkit in first post)

6S.Duke

Enzo-De-Toma-nello-spot-del-Pennello-Cinghiale.jpg
Dear friends with skinning perversion,
this thread is dedicated to you! 
You can download the paintkit from the following link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YVPN2w1riCtsLXvwsQ8TD4UCVTkleSeM/view

Fuel tanks and smoke tanks template: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WhuwN447A5rAgnB5ALw3jAoDVHC3HryW/view?usp=sharing

If you are a GIMP user, we recommend to download the development version from here:
[/url]https://www.gimp.org/downloads/devel/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"To skin a big plane you need a big texture"

(demi-cit).

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 3

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

6 minuti fa, Prawnler ha scritto:

I get this whenever I try to open the paintkit.

Capture.PNG

Maybe a corrupted download: if not already done, try redownload the template.
Another advice: PSD is a native format used by Adobe Photoshop: the PSD importer of GIMP may not work as expected and some features may be disabled (ie. smart objects).
You can try with the developer version of GIMP, that hopefully should improve PSD compatibility: GIMP - Development Downloads

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

2 hours ago, Automan said:

Maybe a corrupted download: if not already done, try redownload the template.
Another advice: PSD is a native format used by Adobe Photoshop: the PSD importer of GIMP may not work as expected and some features may be disabled (ie. smart objects).
You can try with the developer version of GIMP, that hopefully should improve PSD compatibility: GIMP - Development Downloads

The developer version of GIMP worked! Thank you!

19 minuti fa, davidfercas ha scritto:

I am trying to use this template but somehow it is not matching fine.

I am following the UV pattern but then some parts do not match in the game. I am using Gimp, not sure if that can have an impact.

null

image.png

image.png

Maybe the dds plugin of gimp. Try saving as png. If the problem is still present check the export options: I think that GIMP is cutting some of the blank pixel on the left of the template, so all the image is shifted.

• Like 1

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

28 minutes ago, davidfercas said:

I am trying to use this template but somehow it is not matching fine.

I am following the UV pattern but then some parts do not match in the game. I am using Gimp, not sure if that can have an impact.

null

image.png

image.png

I had the same issue, turned out to be GIMP's dds exporter. Export the file as something else (png or psd) and use Nvidia's texture tools exporter to convert to dds.

• Like 1

4 ore fa, Baco ha scritto:

Sorry I have another request, would it be posible to have ort numbers on the plane maybe nose and tail fin?

Grazzie Mille!!

Hi Baco, as stated before during development, we choose to not include bort numbers due to the very high variations of the numbers in shape, size and positions.
For italian Air force:
-white/orange with factory numbers, then the big numbers in front.
-camouflaged with big numers in front, then moved back with different shape, then small roundels first with big numbers and the last years of this livery we have the small ones.
-monogray with the numbers in rear and then in front again (and also must be take in consideration that numbers over 99 required shifting to the left all the things...).
Perù and Argentina are also countries that seen resize and relocations of some numbers.
Really, considering the numbers of variations and how the dynamic bort numbers are done (cutting polygons and placing accordingly in the right place), it's unconvenient to realyze.
We have instead preferred enabling the decal layer: you can copy liveries references in a new folder and then modify/create only the layer with numbers (and change/add things usually not available with bort like insignia, pilot names, or small variations) sharing the same base livery.
In this layer you can also put dirt and scratches making really livery not equal to the other. 
Try to see the FACTORY LIVERY as example, the decal is a RLE compressed 8K TGA of less than 4 megabytes.
The lua line interested by the change is:
    {"main", DECAL,"MB339A_FACTORY_DECAL", false},

2 ore fa, CarloVecchi ha scritto:

ARMADA factory sheme in sim.

Screen_201121_144521_Kopie.jpg

Nice skin, in the old orange livery Argentina used big numbers on the nosenull

image.png

• Like 1

About liveries uploads: we are requesting the MB-339 subforum under DCS Modding/Liveries/Skinning. We hope to have this section online soon to have a unique place where collect skins of our beloved Macchino.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Automan said:

Hi Baco, as stated before during development, we choose to not include bort numbers due to the very high variations of the numbers in shape, size and positions.
For italian Air force:
-white/orange with factory numbers, then the big numbers in front.
-camouflaged with big numers in front, then moved back with different shape, then small roundels first with big numbers and the last years of this livery we have the small ones.
-monogray with the numbers in rear and then in front again (and also must be take in consideration that numbers over 99 required shifting to the left all the things...).
Perù and Argentina are also countries that seen resize and relocations of some numbers.
Really, considering the numbers of variations and how the dynamic bort numbers are done (cutting polygons and placing accordingly in the right place), it's unconvenient to realyze.
We have instead preferred enabling the decal layer: you can copy liveries references in a new folder and then modify/create only the layer with numbers (and change/add things usually not available with bort like insignia, pilot names, or small variations) sharing the same base livery.
In this layer you can also put dirt and scratches making really livery not equal to the other. 
Try to see the FACTORY LIVERY as example, the decal is a RLE compressed 8K TGA of less than 4 megabytes.
The lua line interested by the change is:
    {"main", DECAL,"MB339A_FACTORY_DECAL", false},

Nice skin, in the old orange livery Argentina used big numbers on the nosenull

image.png

That will do just fine Thanks a lot! .It still one Skin per plane but helps.