AG pipper 0 depression setting too high ?

TheSkipjack95
Go to solution Solved by IvanK,

With 2.8, the depressible pipper now appears completely at the top of the combiner glass.
This causes the profiles to all be off, and what I think is the gun bore line does not match the zero sight line (shots going to the bottom of the heading/range scale). It seems to be a 40mrad error.

e2lviQtC1KP4EB.jpg

Edited by TheSkipjack95

• Solution

Its not an error it was previously.

The zero mills datum was fixed in 2.8. Previously it was 44 mills to low. With the correction it means any previous settings should probably have 44 mills added to them. The test to see if the datum is correct is to wind on mills until the reticle is centered on the cross it should read 87mills +- 6 mills. (Source Flight Manual) It now does this.

The Mean Gun Bore line is not coincident with the FRL/ZSL in the Mirage F1

F1-Sightsym-bst.jpg

F1-Reflines.jpg

Sightcheck2.jpg

Edited by IvanK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 10/31/2022 at 3:34 AM, Panny said:

@IvanKdoes this mean the depression values provided in the kneeboard are wrong? I tried them in 2.8 and they felt way off

He mentioned you would have to add 44 mils to any earlier tables in his post. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

18 hours ago, Sarge55 said:

He mentioned you would have to add 44 mils to any earlier tables in his post. 

Wanted to just check whether the values in the kneeboard had been updated or not with this in mind so I didn't double up values

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, IvanK said:

With the correction it means any previous settings should probably have 44 mills added to them.

Thanks for the info. So, are we using 44 mils for strafing, or the 34.9 from "sight gyro and gun line" in the chart above.

1 hour ago, Hinkey said:

Thanks for the info. So, are we using 44 mils for strafing, or the 34.9 from "sight gyro and gun line" in the chart above.

Actual setting will change as a function of Slant range, Dive angle, IAS/AOA etc. But Air To Ground Guns +44mills depression is a good starting point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2