Green Tint/Glow on white materials + lighting issue

J-man
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hi, since the change of the Shkval from B/W to green, many elements of the cockpit have a green/yellow glow/tint:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Even the blue button glow green:

image.jpeg

The windows seem to add a green glow:

image.jpeg

In addition there are two more graphical issues:

1. The lights of the landing gear indicator are creating a wierdly focused/sharp highlight on the doorframe...

image.jpeg

...and the reflections are very blocky and totally missplaced/aligned wrong, you can see cockpit instruments in the reflection that could not possibly reflect there:

image.jpeg

Edited by J-man
  • Like 1

Funny, I never saw any of the easter eggs, I only got the green tint.

Who the <profanity> releases such intrusive changes "for fun" at the same time as a major version change that comes with plenty of real bugs?!

And to disable them I have to edit the game files? Why is this not an option in the menu or at least clearly communicated?

Whats the point of tinting the image green during the day anyway?? This would be ok if it was a special event that has to be triggered by the player, like flying at midnight upside down or something like this. But a permanent change that is annoying at best during daytime missions? Is the concept of [green] considered a funny reference now or something?

I assume the other issues like lightbleeding, terrible reflections, broken AI, broken missiles, broken button labels and broken Autopilot are also some clever joke?

Edited by J-man
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, J-man said:

Who the <profanity> releases such intrusive changes "for fun" at the same time as a major version change that comes with plenty of real bugs?!

And to disable them I have to edit the game files? Why is this not an option in the menu or at least clearly communicated?

Whats the point of tinting the image green during the day anyway?? This would be ok if it was a special event that has to be triggered by the player, like flying at midnight upside down or something like this. But a permanent change that is annoying at best during daytime missions? Is the concept of [green] considered a funny reference now or something?

I assume the other issues like lightbleeding, terrible reflections, broken AI, broken missiles, broken button labels and broken Autopilot are also some clever joke?

Happy Halloween to you too.

Oh, don't you run DCS on April's fool or you might get pissed again.

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

5 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Depends, how many new bugs are we going to get then?

I wouldn´t mind a bit of Halloween fun, if the rest of the game wasn´t outright broken. As you very well know, I´m not the only one reporting these Easter Eggs as bugs because it´s hard to tell intentional changes from the accidental ones if you release a new major version right before adding seasonal easter eggs. As it stands right now, I spend more time testing and reporting issues than actually enjoing the game.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, J-man said:

As it stands right now, I spend more time testing and reporting issues than actually enjoing the game.

I agree there has been some nasty bugs in 2.8 initial release.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

How convenient!

Releasing an update on Halloween only to say the bugs are in fact features; features related to Halloween.

Haven’t we seen this before?

So; it’s not a bug. It’s a feature.

Great policy ED.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Happy Halloween to you too.

Is that a bad taste joke?

8 hours ago, J-man said:

Hi, since the change of the Shkval from B/W to green, many elements of the cockpit have a green/yellow glow/tint:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Even the blue button glow green:

image.jpeg

The windows seem to add a green glow:

image.jpeg

In addition there are two more graphical issues:

1. The lights of the landing gear indicator are creating a wierdly focused/sharp highlight on the doorframe...

image.jpeg

...and the reflections are very blocky and totally missplaced/aligned wrong, you can see cockpit instruments in the reflection that could not possibly reflect there:

image.jpeg

Have one of these:

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Slimer

https://www.hottopic.com/product/ghostbusters-ghost-logo-green-slime-t-shirt/12055557.html

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-ghostbusters-cartoon-slimer-t-shirt-kelly-green-2x-large/-/A-85583650