Next annoying cockpit shaking added

bingbean

Several updates ago was added cockpit shaking in "high" speed. Ka-50 start shaking somewhere over 200 Km/h at low altitude where maximum speed is over 300 km/h what is in my taste to early.  Now in 2.8 was added shaking even in low speed. The cockpit is shaking at speed between 20-70 km/h. Did you try to tell me the ka-50 can stable fly only at speed between 100-200 km/h? Like seriously? It OK when cockpit start shaking , when helicopter is coming to some extreme situation. To much rotor RPM, to low rotor RPM, not enough lift and so on. Probably the high speed and low speed shaking have some reason, but the cockpit shaking in Ka-50 is now to much extreme. There is no slider in special option to set up cockpit vibration, like it have Mi-24P, or AH-64, and the shaking make the Ka-50 for me almost unplayable because of my sensitivity of any kind of image stuttering. 

So please, add slider to set up cockpit vibration in Ka-50 special options.

• Like 2

Volk YT video shows this pretty well I think. Starts at 35 second mark : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6N_wcCv5BA   Probably worth uploading a Track file  ( .trk ) so DCS can see what your seeing in mission and investigate further. (C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks)

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

• ED Team

Technically, the low-speed shudder isn't caused by ETL (Effective Translational Lift), it's caused by TFE (Transverse Flow Effect). It is a common misconception, reinforced by the phrase "ETL shudder" that is often used when discussing the phenomenon. Not going to go into either of these effects (ETL, TFE) since they can just as easily be googled to read all about them in detail, but the shudder itself is caused by a difference in induced drag between the front and rear portions of the rotor disc. What causes many people to confuse the source of the shudder is because the airspeed regions at which each aerodynamic effect occurs overlap with each other, which is what reinforces the misconception that the shudder is being caused by ETL (since it occurs at the same time), but is actually a result of TFE.

The shudder occurs at a much higher airspeed in the DCS Ka-50 than what would happen in say a UH-1 or AH-64 for instance (by the time a UH-1 or AH-64 reach 50 kmh they are already well through TFE), but that may be due to the fact that the Ka-50 is a coaxial rotor system and the upper rotor system is causing induced drag on the aft portion of the lower rotor system, causing the lower rotor system to experience TFE for an extended period during an acceleration.  I'm not an expert on coaxial rotor systems, just making an estimated guess.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Oops, yeah, what you said. on the timestamp here couldn't see much shaking in the camera/HUD more than before when slowing down. Of course that's ground speed on the HUD not airspeed (unless that HUD was different  in that way too). Unfortunately the other footage with speeds (the one with external views too), you can never really see a difference between the shakes as it were and it's usually slowing down doing a loop/wing over.

• Like 4

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

The shakes never seem to bother the hud or aiming. So if that’s true to real life perhaps HUD tapes also wouldn’t show the vibration. 

I find this interesting considering Mi-24 should shake above 280 kmh but doesn’t. Some shakes like gun in Su-25 vibrate sight very much, in Mi-24 and Ka-50 gun causes vibration but never blurs HUD/sight symbology. 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I don't claim the shacing should not exist at hight or low speed flying, i claim they looks just terrible on Ka-50, at least compared to Mi-24P. I don't own any other helicopters yet, but the camera cockpit shaking in Mi-24P look decent even in 100%. I personally prefer 50% when i have the option to set it up, but even at 100% it would be still acceptable for me.  It looks natural, the vibrations are mostly high frequency with low amplitude. Mi-24P start shake like crazy with high amplitude only when he start lost lift and start falling down. It is signal for me i need increase collective or pitch up to increase speed. However the Ka-50 now shake like crazy with high aptitude, even in relative save situations. The altitude is stable , RPM are stable , everything looks fine, but theKa-50 shakes as if I was sitting on a tractor plowing a field.

9 minutes ago, bingbean said:

altitude is stable , RPM are stable , everything looks fine, but theKa-50 shakes as if I was sitting on a tractor plowing a field

Yes its very disappointing. (I would phrase it in other ways but I am trying to be polite here)

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...