[ED's Side] APKWS not destroying vehicles

DTS_Maton

I have an issue with the APKWS hydra,s not destroing vehicles BMP M2A light armoured vehicles 

the latest i just send 5 of them down range not a scratch 

anybody else have this problem?

this is in multiplayer offcourse

Edited by DTS_Maton

i also have the same problem...i ask a moderator to take a stand on this because it is already a serious problem.... even if i shoot 100 APKWS rockets at a gepard, or chaperal, they don't do any damage at all...not even 1%...i tried it from the harrier

here the penetration effect is completely missing and has not been implemented ralistically

but i noticed that it can also be related to the angle, or that you have to aim exactly at the chassis of an armored vehicle...if there is a realistic damage model modeled for the ground units, i would like to know more about this topic.

Edited by Nimbur

I´ve had that happen after update 2.8 with the A-10 (haven´t tried with the Harrier yet)

The rockets sometimes explodes on impact but do 0 damage.
Tried this a couple of times as I thought at first that the rocket hit a tree in front of the target or something.
But I also think it depends on angle, because when I turn around and try from a different angle, it mostly works and BMPs blow up with one hit as before.

8 hours ago, Nimbur said:

i noticed that it can also be related to the angle, or that you have to aim exactly at the chassis of an armoured vehicle...if there is a realistic damage model modelled for the ground units, i would like to know more about this topic.

AFAIK a few vehicles have more complex damage modelling but most use simpler modifiers base on angle.

DCSW-装甲模型.png

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/157596-ammo-and-vehicle-damage/?do=findComment&comment=3153333

More detail in this thread

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

3 hours ago, Ramsay said:

More detail in this thread

I don´t think it´s that.

It´s not like the rocket doesn´t do enough damage to destroy a BMP.
Before, you could fire a rocket at the front of a T-80 and you would get at least some hit feedback, like "1% damage" or something.
It looks more like the rocket explodes but DCS doesn´t even register the hit.
I have never seen that happen before the last patch.

• 2 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [ED's Side] APKWS not destroying vehicles