Gun reticle overlap

skywalker22

I have just seen this onboard video taken from Turkish F-16, and I believe it's the Block 50 or 52. Pay attention on the Gun reticle (also known as Target designator circle), how it overlaps practically every stuff on the HUD, while it is moving all over it, except the EEGS Gun funnel:

Viper in DCS does not do that. Maybe an idea for an update in the future? Would be a cool edition to the Viper.

EDIT2: removed the topic's tag, since we are still not sure if this is not for DCS's block.

Edited by skywalker22
Posted the correct video, before it was from Block 30.
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

I did a mistake, I wante to upload the video which has been posted by @Comrade Doge LOL. That's block 50 (or 52).

What sim? Its a real world video, officially published by Turkish minestry of diffence.

i doubt it get published by official authorities, even though that would not be consider as reliable, not everything get published or told by officials (especially a country like turkey) can be consider as reliable called "appeal of authority fallacy"
Check the HUD you will realize the master arm is in "SIM" mode and the video undergone heavy visual effects modification  

Edited by Raviar

3 hours ago, Raviar said:

Check the HUD you will realize the master arm is in "SIM" mode

SIM is a master arm setting in the F-16 (and many other jets) mean to make the jet act as if master arm was on but without being able to give concent to release weapons, it's often used in trainings and mock dogfights. It's not an indicator it's some sort of fake.

5 hours ago, Raviar said:

i doubt it get published by official authorities, even though that would not be consider as reliable, not everything get published or told by officials (especially a country like turkey) can be consider as reliable called "appeal of authority fallacy"
Check the HUD you will realize the master arm is in "SIM" mode and the video undergone heavy visual effects modification  

And what should the Simulation vs Master Arms ON be any difference on what's on the HUD (except SIM)? Surely not something like this overlapping gun reticle.

3 hours ago, LieutenantFalcon said:

SIM is a master arm setting in the F-16 (and many other jets) mean to make the jet act as if master arm was on but without being able to give concent to release weapons, it's often used in trainings and mock dogfights. It's not an indicator it's some sort of fake.

I know mate, 1st the mode is in SIM, which either is practice or is not real DGFT, 2nd the video footages look fake as Simulator 

Yeah if that’s a sim it absolutely puts DCS to shame. Looks real to me. The jet being in SIM has no bearing on anything. If real it is obviously footage from a training mission based the fact that the gun never fires and the targeted jet  never explodes.

17 hours ago, Raviar said:

1st the mode is in SIM, which either is practice or is not real DGFT

They put it in SIM because you gotta remember even though these 2 nations hate eachother they're not going to openly shoot on eachother. They're both members of NATO and right now anything more than sabre rattling with weapons in SIM would be an actual issue

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LieutenantFalcon said:

They put it in SIM because you gotta remember even though these 2 nations hate eachother they're not going to openly shoot on eachother. They're both members of NATO and right now anything more than sabre rattling with weapons in SIM would be an actual issue

This is not the point of this thread, SIM or not SIM, but if the gun reticle was really overlapping (temporary erasing when it goes over) everything on the hud except Gun funnel. So please, stick to the point guys.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 9:03 AM, Geraki said:

The new video is from  F-16 Block52  and this video is from F-16 Block52 MLU 

Checking up here, did ED take a look about this missing piece of F-16 and how gun reticle is "erasing"  stuff on the HUD while going over (except the gun funnel).

In this upper video you can clearly see towards the end of it (at 1:50min).null

• Like 1

• 2 months later...