Problems installing liveries

Go to solution Solved by Fra298,

I am working on a mission involving the A-10C Tank Killer. In this context I want to use a specific livery that I downloaded from the User Files Download page from DCS World. Installing the livery in the folder "\saved games\DCS\Liveries\A-10C_2" did not work. The livery did not appear in the mission editor to be used.

Installing the livery under \Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\CoreMods\aircraft\A-10\Liveries\A-10CII\ worked just fine. Now I am concerned as I have read many posts claiming no files should be installed in the DCS root directory. Did I get something wrong here? Is Tank Killer a special case when it comes to installing liveries?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Claus

16 hours ago, ClausHoffmann said:

Installing the livery in the folder "\saved games\DCS\Liveries\A-10C_2" did not work. The livery did not appear in the mission editor to be used.

That is the correct folder .. if it does not show on the editor, the only reason I could think is that it is meant for a different countrry than your unit's .. open the description.lua file of the livery and look at the end for a line "countries"  like this:

e1DXA9w.jpg

It will tell you which country the livery is intended for ... if there is no "country" line, then the livery would be available for every country.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Fra298 said:

Try "\saved games\DCS\Liveries\A-10CII" 😉

That was the solution. I have no idea, where the wrong directory name came from. But anyway, now it works

Thanks to all of you for the willingness to support inexperienced users as I am in a friendly and supportive way.

Best regards

Claus

• Like 1

To be honest, I think @Rudel_chw is right too. Both folder names are working. But I got less liveries avalaible when folder is named a-10C_2 even if folder name should follow the one in installdir/mods/aircraft...

Maybe is this because some liveries work for both A-10C and a-10CII?

Edited by Fra298

3 hours ago, Fra298 said:

To be honest, I think @Rudel_chw is right too. Both folder names are working.

Hi,

Just tested, as it's been a long while since I last used the A-10C II ... the folder where I had the liveries before isn't really working currently, maybe there has been some update or change within the module that I'm unaware of .. the correct folder now is "A-10CII" as you said.

... just tested it, and using it I get all my liveries to show up on the Mission Editor.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mav87th said:

Is the folder not:

saved_games/dcs/mods/liveries….?

you missed part of the path .. for the A-10C II its "..\Saved Games\DCS or DCS.OpenBeta\Liveries\A-10CII"