UE 5.1 nanite foliage (No LODS)

HoBGoBLiNzx3

On 11/30/2022 at 10:52 PM, BitMaster said:

Advertising videos are worth NULL.

Well, just a sidenote and maybe you know that already: As far as I know Heatblur and Truegrit are part of the core devs for this new platform and if you check the head of the company they are working in the professional aerospace business (https://meta.aero/meta-immersive-synthetics-reveals-nor-an-ultimate-fidelity-simulation-and-training-platform/# ), so I doubt that this NOR thing will ever be available for the public and casual gamer. Just to add: LM has just anounced to do some aerospace simulation with the usage of Unreal, too: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/spotlights/lockheed-martin-engages-unreal-engine-for-aerospace-simulation-r-d

On the development side using something like Unreal 5 engine e.g. just for the graphical part and output that has not much to do with the physics, systems, weather and whatever simulation part. In a lot of professional simulation systems these separate simulation tasks all run on a real time networked basis so that even the real aircraft computing devices could be plugged in to deliver the real signals and data the original plane also uses.

For DCS with its highly integrated simulation engine it may be not possible or just too demanding to use a different new engine just for the graphics, because the code base is maybe one big thing and has to be ripped apart to seperate the functionality into different parts.

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

Well, just a sidenote and maybe you know that already: As far as I know Heatblur and Truegrit are part of the core devs for this new platform and if you check the head of the company they are working in the professional aerospace business (https://meta.aero/meta-immersive-synthetics-reveals-nor-an-ultimate-fidelity-simulation-and-training-platform/# ), so I doubt that this NOR thing will ever be available for the public and casual gamer. Just to add: LM has just anounced to do some aerospace simulation with the usage of Unreal, too: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/spotlights/lockheed-martin-engages-unreal-engine-for-aerospace-simulation-r-d
On the development side using something like Unreal 5 engine e.g. just for the graphical part and output that has not much to do with the physics, systems, weather and whatever simulation part. In a lot of professional simulation systems these separate simulation tasks all run on a real time networked basis so that even the real aircraft computing devices could be plugged in to deliver the real signals and data the original plane also uses.
For DCS with its highly integrated simulation engine it may be not possible or just too demanding to use a different new engine just for the graphics, because the code base is maybe one big thing and has to be ripped apart to seperate the functionality into different parts.
Heatblur has nothing more to do with meta

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

On 11/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, BitMaster said:

It's what they say it will be able to do, once finished...and likely dozens and dozens of patches later.

Advertising videos are worth NULL.

I grew up with TV-Ads of the `70s...cmon...at the age of 6 you realize there can't be a more white washing detergent every week and nothing is as advertised, likely the other way around tbh.

Second, I don't think you can launch such a simulation from zero-to-full_fidelity on Day-1.

Proof me wrong and we are all happy, maybe not all but you get my point.

5.2 is already available. You can download it and use it yourself... 

No one said anything about a day 1 launch, or anything of the sort. Just showcasing new technology. 

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

DCS World will never be ported to UE5 (or any other version of any other engine) It's not going to happen. 

However, at some point someone will definitely make a completely NEW commercial combat flight simulator that will for all intents and purposes be better than anything else on the market. It's inevitable. With VR on the uptake, it is going to happen. It might even be Eagle Dynamics who do so. It might be in 5 years or 10 but it will happen. 

I don't think anyone here would want to wait 4 more years for them to try and port DCS World into UE. By the time they did that it would be UE6 or something anyways. A lot of UE4 games never bothered updating either for good reason I'm sure. That is why I said, in the future, it would be nice to see them adopt a newer commercial engine that wouldn't take so much internal attention, and they could focus more on the sim instead of having to constantly fight an aging engine, only to be outdone by it's release again. Ever game will have a shelf life for the most part I'm assuming. You can update it but at some point, like we are seeing now, the entire game is almost having to be reworked to get key features to work. 

I'm guessing Prodigy is the Engine that NOR could possibly be using? I'm not entirely sure because I can't find a list on what sims are being developed on it. It definitely is combine with UE5 though. 

Interesting update today from ED, suggesting that they’ll have unpicked the graphics and game engine from each other sometime next year. 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.