Saitek X52 Pro MFD Script Needed

For those of us with a Saitek X52 Pro stick (not sure if the non-pro has MFD) it would be nice to have it fulling working, but am pretty sure it needs scripting. Anyone know of any scripting, or can write it?

I guess whoever wries it needs the BS SDK to make the plugin, does that exist (yet)?

thanx..

:music_whistling:

I am also checking the Saitek Forums...

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 2 months later...

From my investigations into this, it seems like you don't really need the SDK to get basic lights/MFD text because ED have already provided a dll and lua script that will let you customise it using in-game scripting.

HOWEVER, the dll currently crashes the game in Vista for many people, and as such the majority of X52 users have removed the directoutput.dll

So basically, we need to wait for ED to fix the directoutput.dll problem, at which point I'll have a dig around and make some LED/MFD control. Things like lighting up the toggle switches when that function is on would be really nice.

Thats my biggest complaint about the DirectOutput SDK....you have to be a programmer to use it :/

The plugin for FSX is nice it allows you to change the radio frequencies.

We probably need the physical cockpit interface that they havent released yet so we can actually read realtime stuff from the game to display it on the MFD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 3 months later...

I'm kind of resurrecting this oldie once again with my current plans on maybe getting a X52 Pro and I'm interested in displaying the RCTRL+Enter trim stuff on it. Anyone think this might be possible? Got some programming experience and don't give up easily, but if no one thinks it's worth a try I'll just don't do it.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

• 9 months later...

Most of the LCD is unchangable, it's not like a graphic plate you can fully replace. The 3 rows of text characters inside the centered black rectangle is what you can change.

How you change it and how frequently is up to you. If the text is too long to fit, it will auto-scroll. You could use it to display a kind of 'ASCII gauge' but it would be crude, it's better for short strips of information given as acronyms and numbers, like coordinates, whatever you call your ascend/descend rate, data from the ekran (though ekran is 4 lines and x52 pro is 3, rarely is there actually 4 lines of useful output in the ekran anyway so it can be considered).

You can also decide through this same API what to do when the MFD wheels are pressed or rolled, which would allow you to build in scrollable text or menus, things of that kind. The left wheel is half predefined for you, the right is free for customization, for any given page.

You can also have multiple pages with different functionality on each to scroll through.

I've written a small test harness app to play around with these settings, I'm just thinking about how best to put the pieces together for something useful. The LEDs I've already got a good idea what I want to do with them (autohover/heading hold indicators, gear up red/gear down green, weapon control system led's off when master arm off, etc.), the MFD data I'm still unsure what options to settle for aside from ekran and its history / timestamp data.

Of course, the numeric output of pretty much all the instrumentation (including those off to the sides like APU etc.) could be output, I'm not actually sure about the data regarding the trim and rctrl+enter controls helper display though offhand, probably with some work, but probably not in a (good) graphical format.

E.g.

[---<--|------]

[------X------]

[------|----->]

You could do rudder and bank trim for example using 2 horizontal rows of the LCD in ascii form if the raw data is accessible, that'd work.

Any other ideas?

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]