Feedback Thread AJS-37 Viggen Patch, Dec 16th 2022

IronMike

2 hours ago, Safety_Doggo123 said:

Is it possible to disable the Tactical Numbers since they break a lot of skins?

My understanding is that they need to be disabled as part of the skin data. @MYSE1234?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 12/22/2022 at 10:55 PM, Safety_Doggo123 said:

Is it possible to disable the Tactical Numbers since they break a lot of skins?

Yes, the numbers can be disabled by editing the description.lua for each livery that currently show the tail numbers, but should not. What you need to add to the file is this:

custom_args = 
{
    [850] = 0.6, --  dynamic tail numbers (>0.5 = on)
}

Just paste that into the file(s) and they should be removed.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

3 hours ago, SturmVogel said:

EP-13 Maverick`s sight doesnt work from coldstart (online/offline). Maybee I`m do something wrong, but before patch all works well. At airstart sight works.

Now that the Mavericks on the Viggen are using the ED API they need 3 minutes to align after weight off wheels, unfortunately this means no more Maverick sight on the ground anymore.

• Thanks 1

Am 23.12.2022 um 12:50 schrieb MYSE1234:

Yes, the numbers can be disabled by editing the description.lua for each livery that currently show the tail numbers, but should not. What you need to add to the file is this:

custom_args = 
{
    [850] = 0.1, --  dynamic tail numbers (<0.5 = on)
}

Just paste that into the file(s) and they should be removed.

That didn't seem to work. The numbers still appears on the plane.

Screen_221230_235248.jpg

17 minutes ago, Storm76 said:
That didn't seem to work. The numbers still appears on the plane.

Screen_221230_235248.jpg

Change the 1 to a 6 and it should work, for now. I'll update the post above.

Edited by MYSE1234

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 11:22 PM, Aenonar said:

For the future I have some further feedback about the textures:

I have yet to publicize my Viggen skins I made over a year ago but the in game camo pattern isn't anywhere near correct apart from most of the left wing and partially right wing... The ones I've made are probably more around 95-97% accurate. Some details and 2 decals are missing plus things I can't do much about like missing antennas, although I've done some simulation of them. Plus some local variations apply as well IRL... But if you're interested in updating yours to a much more correct one you're welcome to copy it.

My Viggen pattern:

Reveal hidden contents

FUZjoWA.png
SUqwkxG.png
P9kLwQY.png

That looks great and we need that included in DCS for sure! Would you post it for download? That would be so awesome! Since everything is modeled nicely and true to real life in the cockpit, why shouldn't the camo on the outside be 1:1 as well? Really nice work, let's keep our fingers crossed that HB includes a correct livery in the future.

(Note: Edited original text for this specific part of the post)

Its great that you fixed the wheels not touching the ground, but on the AI units the plane is still floating half a foot off the ground, the right side main wheels arent spinning and the rudder moves in the wrong direction.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, SWE said:

Its great that you fixed the wheels not touching the ground, but on the AI units the plane is still floating half a foot off the ground, the right side main wheels arent spinning and the rudder moves in the wrong direction.

I have reproduce the non-spinning right main gear and added it to the bug tracker.

I see the floating too, and submitted it to the bug tracker.

Can you elaborate on the rudder moving the wrong direction?

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Thanks!

Yeah, when the AI Viggen is taxiing and making a very obvious turn to the left (lets say), the nosewheel will turn left but the rudder will move as if the aircraft is turning right. The player controlled Viggens rudder moves as it should. 

Im not sure if the problem is limited to taxiing or if it also happens in the air